PDA

View Full Version : E5 problem

Melaka
8th March 2012, 10:29 PM
I have on more than one occasion tried to copy my CF card to the SD card. Each time I've received a message saying the SD card is full when it had nothing on it and was of more than sufficient capacity to take the files on the CF. Erasing the SD card and reformatting it in camera makes no difference. Can anyone advise please?

Zuiko
8th March 2012, 10:56 PM
Have you tried a different SD card in case it's a card fault? And, out of interest, have you tried copying from SD card to CF card to see if it works in that direction?

The only other thing I can think of is that it's a camera fault. It would help if anyone else here with an E-5 could try the same to see how they get on.

Bikie John
9th March 2012, 09:19 AM
I will try it later if I can find a spare SD card - and figure out how to do it as it's a part of the system that it has never occurred to me to even look at!

John

gphemy
9th March 2012, 09:33 AM
Have you checked the write-protect switch on the SD card?

EDIT - clearly if you erased and re-formatted, that isn't the issue!

Piers

Nick Temple-Fry
9th March 2012, 09:35 AM
I wonder if this sits in the same area as the old card counter error (which I know Melaka experienced). If so then http://e-group.uk.net/forum/showthread.php?t=7948&highlight=reset+card+counter&page=2 might be relevant.

Nick

RogerMac
9th March 2012, 11:28 AM
Have you tried a different SD card in case it's a card fault? And, out of interest, have you tried copying from SD card to CF card to see if it works in that direction?

The only other thing I can think of is that it's a camera fault. It would help if anyone else here with an E-5 could try the same to see how they get on.

Just tried it on my E5 (firmware 1.2) and a Transcend class 10 SD card and it worked with no problem. I copied from a Sandisc Ultra2 4MB card

Roger

Bikie John
9th March 2012, 05:04 PM
I just tried it and had no problem - source CF card is Sandisk 16GB UDMA Extreme 16GB, target SD card is LCE branded 8Gb SDHC class 6. Process was put SD card in, point camera at it (under spanner menu H then record/erase), format, check no image to display, point camera back at CF, and copy. It took ages to copy about 1Gb of data but there were no errors, it got there in the end and I was able to quite happily display them from the SD card on the camera, and via a card reader on the PC.

Hope this helps - sounds like you've got a duff card or maybe camera. I hope it's the former!

Ciao ... John

Melaka
9th March 2012, 09:45 PM
Thanks for all that. A camera problem seems likely and as I don't have another CF card here I'll have to wait until I get back home to try again. However the CF card reads on the laptop so it's proably OK and I've tried two SD cards.

theMusicMan
11th March 2012, 09:51 AM
Did you manage to find out what the issue is here David?

Melaka
11th March 2012, 01:40 PM
Not yet - we won't be home until next weeknd. I've only one CF card here as I'm using SD for most things these days.