PDA

View Full Version : HELP! southwood

southwood
5th March 2012, 04:10 PM
I would appreciate some advice please.
I have been given a hardly used FL36 flash to use with my E-3. However despite loading with LR6 batteries according to the diagramme in the battery compartment the flash seems dead. What can I do to bring it to life ?
I look forward to your help, thanks
Southwood

gphemy
5th March 2012, 04:46 PM
LR6 is what is specified on the flashgun. but you must make sure that the cells match one of the types specified in the manual:
Alkaline; Nickel-Metal Hydride 2400mAh; Lithium; Oxyride or CR-V3 Lithium. Note that both types of lithoum battery are NOT rechargeable.

Beyond that, you have to press the Power button to switch on the flashgun - I hope you didn't need to be told that - after which the LCD screen lights up, the flash chrages, and you should then be able to fire a test flash by pressing the illuminated "Test/Charge" button.

If none of that works, perhaps you will have discovered why it was given to you - I hope not.

Piers

Zuiko
5th March 2012, 05:36 PM
Is there any chance of checking with the donor when the flash unit was last used? Assuming the batteries are fresh, of the correct type and correctly installed it does sound like a fault, unfortunately.

southwood
5th March 2012, 05:38 PM
Thank you for your reply re flash FL36
The problem I have dicovered is that I did not depress the power button sufficiently. When I used a pencil point the unit fired up as it should. I will need to shape my finger nail to a point to enable me to operate the flash in future.
Many thanks for your support
southwood