PDA

View Full Version : Omd @ nec

benvendetta
4th March 2012, 06:52 PM
On my way back to south wales after a tiring day at the Focus show. The hightlight was a couple of plays with the OMD a gorgeous camera and every bit as desirable as we have been led to believe. High ISO performance (25600) was amazing althogh it could do with a bit on a clean up. Usable at a push. Tried the OMD with a mk 1 14-54 and adapter and focus seemed fine to me. It will be interesting to see what it is like with other 4/3rds lenses. Also met Ian who about to shoot some video of the show for the web. Says I didn't look like my avatar image but that was taken 36 years ago! :eek:

Ian
4th March 2012, 10:27 PM
Dave - you look a bit like the late and much missed Davy Jones of the Monkeys :)

It was very nice to meet you :)

Working on the video now, but may have to wait until tomorrow morning now as I had to work on the new E-M5 samples gallery unexpectedly:

http://fourthirds-user.com/2012/03/full_size_olympus_omd_em5_raw_and_jpeg_samples_to_ download.php

Ian

Phill D
4th March 2012, 11:01 PM
Looks like I missed both of you today. Mind you it was a bit of a scrum at times. I had a few plays with the OMD too and I agree it's a lovely camera. Actually quite a bit smaller than I thought it was going to be but the little thumb hold on the rhs is absolutely brilliant for handling. The guys demoing it were brilliant, really enthusiastic and very knowledgeable even if they had only seen the camera for a short time. They all looked shattered near the end of the day definitely deserved the drink I hope they got tonight. I was able to try my 4/3s 14-150 on it and it seemed to af OK not as fast as the new kit lens or it does on my E510. Very limited trial really though. Overall I was very impressed with the camera as was my Nikon owning friend.