PDA

View Full Version : Another convinced customer

snaarman
4th March 2012, 11:38 AM
Oh dear. I keep reading stuff like this

http://blogbeebe.blogspot.com/2012/03/why-im-sticking-with-olympus.html

That OM-D looks just like the m4/3 I always wanted them to make. Now they have gone and made one, so what's my excuse? :(

I keep telling myself to wait until the autumn when the prices have fallen, but if I wait to sell the E620, then it will be worth less.

Oh dear. What to do. Where's my tablets?

OlyPaul
4th March 2012, 12:25 PM
And those are the very reasons I still use the E-1 to this day, and I have finally put the must have gear lust behind me (including the OM-D) and I am satisfied with what I have and what it produces for me.

Which not only gives me inner peace of mind but also a happier bank balence.;)

David M
4th March 2012, 06:46 PM
I was ready to buy an E-5, now I've decided to wait a while and see if there's any signs of an E-7 using the sensor and IS of the OM-D.

I may buy an OM-D after the early adopters have tested it for any bugs/issues but given that I'm currently shooting MF primes in preference to my HG and SHG zooms I'd want to try the EVF of the OM-D before buying one.

And of course the second generation OM-D could work better with the 4/3 HG and SHG lenses so I may wait for one of those.

Really helpful I know.

George Dorn
5th March 2012, 07:34 AM
Reading to the bottom of the blog post, I realised that if I ever come across a cheap E-1, then there may well be a sudden attack of gas.

Greytop
5th March 2012, 10:09 AM
Well I couldn't resist, I pre-ordered one a little while ago in black, also the new splash and dust proof adapter, spare battery and option extended eye-cup.
I didn't bother with the 12-50 I've seen enough samples to see that it doesn't hold much of a candle to the 14-54 MK2 which will be planted on mine most of the time. I will very likely add the 12 and 45 mm m4/3rds lenses too but perhaps not straight away.

I've too much gear now so certainly my lovely E-PL2 and kits will go and if the E-M5 performs as well as I hope my E-5 might even be sent packing (we'll see).