PDA

View Full Version : Sensor cleaning problem after firmware update ?

Taz
1st March 2012, 06:09 PM
I have just done a firmware update on the 3 lenses I have, prior to this everytime I switched the camera on or off it did the cleaning thing and vibrated, it seems to have stopped doing this ? iv'e tried switching the camera on and off several times but no vibration is heard or felt ? i'm worried, I forgot to add that the blue LED and red LED both flash for a second or so as though it is working just no vibration.
please help ?
thanks
Keith

jamie allan
1st March 2012, 06:39 PM
Keith,
This may be a silly question but the vibration you felt isn't by any chance due to to the IS being on previously and you've now somehow switched it off?

Olybirder
1st March 2012, 06:45 PM
I have just tried turning my E-510 on and off. The blue light flashes but there is no vibration to be felt. I agree with what Jamie has posted above, which is what I was trying to say in your other thread. Try turning the IS on and see if that gives the 'missing effect' when you switch the camera off. :)

Ron

Taz
1st March 2012, 06:59 PM
OK chaps will do
thanks

Taz
1st March 2012, 07:12 PM
just tried turning IS on and yep it vibrates again Huuraaa
nice one chaps, what a wally I am sorry guys suffering brain freeze, thanks I'm an appy man again now and can't wait to get out there and start taking some pic's,
I was under the impresion that IS should be turned off for most stuff ? is that right ?
ohh and thanks

jamie allan
1st March 2012, 08:06 PM
Keith,
I remember the first time I turned off my E-600 after setting IS on I thought my camera had failed. I took me ages to work out what was going on. Prior to my E-600 I'd had an E-410 which didn't have IS so I didn't know what was going on.
We all have 'blond' days - although I've found I've been getting more of them as I've got older - funny that as I'm now almost bald:D:D

Taz
1st March 2012, 08:26 PM
Quite Jamie, since I hit 50 my brain seems to have started to develop holes
in it ? at least it's sorted
thanks guys

Falk
2nd March 2012, 12:38 AM
Keith,
I remember the first time I turned off my E-600 after setting IS on I thought my camera had failed.

Same here, with my then new-out-of-the-box E-520. It gave me such a fright :eek: