PDA

View Full Version : slightly worried ?

Taz
1st March 2012, 04:44 PM
I have just done a firmware update on the 3 lenses I have, prior to this everytime I switched the camera on or off it did the cleaning thing and vibrated, it seems to have stopped doing this ? iv'e tried switching the camera on and off several times but no vibration is heard or felt ? i'm worried, I forgot to add that the blue LED and red LED both flash for a second or so as though it is working just no vibration.
please help ?
thanks
Keith

Chevvyf1
1st March 2012, 05:06 PM
I recall some Members having this problem :eek: check by the Lens in that section

Olybirder
1st March 2012, 05:11 PM
Just a thought. I have never noticed my camera vibrating when the sensor cleaner is working but it vibrates when I switch it off if the IS is turned on. Has this been turned off at some time?

Ron

Taz
1st March 2012, 06:06 PM
yes I turned it off ? i have to say or forgot to mention that while it doesn't vibrate the blue LED on the top flashes as does the red LED on the back, just no vibration is felt ?

Jim Ford
1st March 2012, 07:14 PM
Sensor cleaning doesn't vibrate - or at least such that you can feel it - it's "supersonic". What you can feel is the IS setting and resetting, so I suggest you've got it turned off.

Jim

IainMacD
1st March 2012, 07:15 PM
The vibration noise on switch off is the image stabilisation 'resetting', the blue LED when you switch on is the the dust protection system 'shaking' the processor but it doesn't cause any noticeable vibration.
Cheers
Iain

IainMacD
1st March 2012, 07:16 PM
Jim - Snap!

Taz
3rd March 2012, 12:24 AM
sorted now thanks guys