PDA

View Full Version : What some UK journos achieved with the E-M5 last week

Ian
24th February 2012, 12:35 PM
I thought you might like to see how other UK journos got on with the new E-M5 last week at the Amsterdam seminar. A simple competition was set among us: submit three unedited camera images, one for Amsterdam colour, one portrait and one freestyle shot. One or more of these shots might be featured in an ad later this year.

The pictures are on a pdf document and you can download it here:

http://e-group.uk.net/images/forum/amsterdam_e-m5_pics.pdf

Let me know what you think of them :)

Ian

Jim Ford
24th February 2012, 01:35 PM
Difficult to say - the images are quite small.

I must say the model used at the show makes me feel a bit uneasy - she looks like an East German STASI agent that would kill you without without batting an eyelash! Perhaps you were lucky to get away, Ian!

;^)

Jim

Ian
24th February 2012, 01:59 PM
I found the different styles of photography fascinating - lots of use of Art Filters too.

Ian

benvendetta
24th February 2012, 02:02 PM
Art filters? Pah!!!! ;)

Ian
24th February 2012, 02:06 PM
Art filters? Pah!!!! ;)
Hey guys, just found an extra OM1 miniature to give away...:D *yo *smash O:)

Ian

Graham_of_Rainham
24th February 2012, 02:27 PM
I found the different styles of photography fascinating - lots of use of Art Filters too.

Ian

One of the things I enjoy most, is seeing the various styles and range of images that are produced by a group of individuals that are essentially in the same place at the same time.

It's a bit like the group meetings of this forum, we all see different things and produce a diverse range of pictures.

Very interesting, thanks for showing this.

StephenL
24th February 2012, 03:14 PM
Yes, an interesting set. But nothing to really demonstrate the qualities of the new camera. Of course, that was probably not the point of the exercise. I do like the mono railway station shot.

drmarkf
25th February 2012, 12:42 PM
Let me know what you think of them :)

Well, any poor photos I take with mine will clearly be my own fault :)

I found the model quite easy on the eye - and some character, rather than too much antiseptic gloss.

(And, no, I don't accept that remark says anything about me demonstrating a liking for Stasi treatment :eek: )

photonutter
25th February 2012, 01:41 PM
Thinking page 12 does it for me, almost a series for an action/crime thriller.