PDA

View Full Version : Focus on Imaging 2012 Olympus stand news

Ian
23rd February 2012, 04:34 PM
Olympus will be demonstrating the new OM-D E-M5 at Focus and there will also be some celebs - see the press release on DPNow.com:

http://dpnow.com/8572.html

Ian

benvendetta
23rd February 2012, 06:52 PM
When will you be there Ian? And will there be 'new toys' that we can actually play with?

Phill D
23rd February 2012, 07:59 PM
Here's another link, looks like it's going to be a great event.
http://www.focus-on-imaging.net/news/?cat=5
If it doesn't work it's the Focus website and then click the seminars and workshops link and scroll down

Ian
23rd February 2012, 10:13 PM
When will you be there Ian? And will there be 'new toys' that we can actually play with?

I will be doing one or two talks - it's not yet finalised yet, but I will definitely be there on the Sunday filming a video report about the show for publication that evening.

E-M5s are in short supply but at least two examples are expected to be on the stand, hopefully more.

Ian

smartwombat
1st March 2012, 07:51 PM
All I need is an ALMS prototype passing by the stand at full chat so I can test the AF :)
Wish I could get my hands on one for Sebring, might be the answer to my issues.

Phill D
3rd March 2012, 08:31 AM
Ian have the stand demos and talks been finalised yet. Just wondered if you could post timings. Especially on Sunday for me.

benvendetta
3rd March 2012, 08:55 AM
Ditto for me!

Ian
4th March 2012, 07:53 AM
Morning all, I will be at Focus today but not 'performing' on the Olympus stand. My stints will be on Tuesday and Wednesday. But I will be hanging around the Olympus stand at some point. I will be producing a video tour of the show that will be published on DPNow.com later today.

I will provide a link from this thread :)

Ian

Ian
4th March 2012, 10:22 AM
Engineering works, so having to get off the train at Northampton and bus it to Rugby. Might get to the NEC one day!

Ian

The Saint
4th March 2012, 11:23 AM
Just spent last hour at the Olympus stand. Got three Om's you can get your hands on. Very impressed and. Smaller than I thought.

Simon

Ian
4th March 2012, 11:40 AM
I'm told it's a tad manic :) Should be arriving at Brum International at 11.50, three hours after departing from Hemel, an hour and twenty minutes later than planned.

Ian

The Saint
4th March 2012, 12:16 PM
Quite busy and pockets lighter now. Got some though negoitation now when I get home.

Simon

Bikie John
4th March 2012, 12:54 PM
Engineering works, so having to get off the train at Northampton and bus it to Rugby. Might get to the NEC one day!

Ian

Welcome to the world of Sunday trains! I've had it so bad so often that I now try to avoid Sunday travel if humanly possible :(

John

Ian
4th March 2012, 06:54 PM
On my way home now, on a direct train but a frequent stopper. Have some full res e-m5 raw and jpegs to post later this evening for all you pixel peepers!

Ian

Invicta
4th March 2012, 07:11 PM
Hi Ian, looking forward to seeing some E-M5 raw files.

Unfortunatley I didn't manage to track down an E-M5 at the Oly stand. I did have a play with a Nikon D800, boy do they weigh a lot. So even after visiting Focus I am no nearer to deciding what to do. Buy an E-M5 and four-thirds adpater or switch to Nikon.

Ian
4th March 2012, 08:26 PM
Hi Ian, looking forward to seeing some E-M5 raw files.

Unfortunatley I didn't manage to track down an E-M5 at the Oly stand. I did have a play with a Nikon D800, boy do they weigh a lot. So even after visiting Focus I am no nearer to deciding what to do. Buy an E-M5 and four-thirds adpater or switch to Nikon.

Oh no! Unfortunately only three were available for the show - at one point it was going to be only two. I'm sorry you didn't get to try one.

I only discovered quite late on that one of the cameras was a late pre-production example with v.1.00 firmware. I'm just in the process of uploading the RAWs and JPEGs now.

Ian