PDA

View Full Version : Lenscaps with string

shenstone
22nd May 2008, 08:00 PM
OK I have to admit that I treat lenscaps as a consumable items ... How many I have moulted over the years I don't know.

So it was suggested that I get some with string on to try not to lose them and I have .... :D Trouble is I can't work out what to tie them to on the lens ?

I could tie them to the camera body, but this would slow down lens changes and I'm not going to do that it would be too frustating.

Any other Ideas ?

Regards
Andy

Barr1e
22nd May 2008, 09:18 PM
Is the string long enough to tie them to the strap holder? On my old Fuji's this is where I attach them. Fuji supplied as OE.

Regards. Barr1e

emirpprime
22nd May 2008, 09:59 PM
I'm sure j.baker will be around soon to remind me, but he had some snazzy little things that are elastic and cheap. I think they were from 7dayshop. The elastic part just slips over your lens nice and simply. DIY would be a good option too, just buy a length of elastic (even a elastic band would probably do) and make a loop, slip it over the lens then tie your string to it.
All the best,
Phil

Ellie
22nd May 2008, 10:12 PM
I'm trying to work that one out too. For the kit lenses I don't think it's a problem, but the lens hood on the 70-300 causes a bit of a problem.

The cord isn't long enough to attach to the camera body and still reach round the lens hood of the 70-300. Looping it round the lens itself didn't work either, because the lens hood got in the way. So it ended up in my pocket, where it risks getting lost, again.

I'm thinking of replacing the cord with a length of shirring elastic.

shenstone
22nd May 2008, 10:17 PM
So it ended up in my pocket, where it risks getting lost, again.

Yup

I've been playing tonight and I think that's the solution - glad I bulk purchased from 7 day shop - at their price I don't feel financially worried, just a little concerned about the environment

Anyone want 6 pieces of short string ?

Regards
Andy

Nivek
23rd May 2008, 05:42 AM
My Fuji Camera has a small plastic clip to clip the lenscape too when shooting. I can't for the life of me think why Olympus doesn't supply one with their straps and all other camera manufacturers for that matter

Kevin

j.baker
23rd May 2008, 07:37 AM
And not to disappoint Phil,

The answer is lens buddies aka Elastic Cap Keeper

http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=777_1&products_id=5987

I use them for all of my lenses........sad but true.