PDA

View Full Version : hahnel T Pro

Roberta
16th February 2012, 09:47 AM
Did the right thing bought a decent.................perhaps not, wireless remote for my E600 and E620.
Have read the instructions in all languages that I can read......tried Utube , google to tell me what cable to use for simple remote trigger and where to connect it to. I don't want to try the "that looks like the one to use"
Any help gratefully received.
Roberta

catkins
16th February 2012, 10:36 AM
I haven't got the E600 series, but on my E520 & E30:

the Hahnel Giga T Pro Wireless Timer Remote is located in the hotshoe mount
it has an earphone type jack to mini USB cable from it to the 'USB Video Out' camera socket
the camera's 'USB Video Out' socket is found on the bottom of the camera back below the main Command dial - the socket cover should have 'USB Video Out' written on it (the instructions show the cable being mounted somewhere on the side of the camera but, based on my cameras, this must just be a generic image!)
I too have found the instructions less than ideal and the inputting of your requirements often requires reference to the copied instructions that I keep with it!

Hope that helps and is similar to the E600 series setup

Regards
Chris

SteveJ
16th February 2012, 04:58 PM
I have one also and it works a treat on my e600. But as said the instructions arn't the best. If you bought the Olympus version its just a case of conecting the usb to the camera and away you go. So far i have only used it for the shutter release, but one day i hope to have a go at the time laps functions also.

Steve

Roberta
16th February 2012, 08:26 PM
Chis the 600 and 620 do not have video. Steve do you connect it into where the cable transfer is, that's all I want to use it for to Steve.
Roberta

SteveJ
16th February 2012, 08:36 PM
Yes it just plugs into your usb port on your camera. As long as it is the olympus version of the Giga T Pro. Check the usb plug looks the same as the one that came with your camera.

Steve