PDA

View Full Version : Olympus m.Zuiko 12-50mm f/3.5-6.3 image samples

Four Thirds User
14th February 2012, 12:20 AM
Four Thirds User (Fourthirds-user.com (http://fourthirds-user.com)) is a sibling site to the e-group.

We have RAW and JPEG sample images for you to download taken with the new Olympus 12-50 power zoom standard lens that we now know will be the standard lens of the new Olympus OM-D E-M5 Micro Four Thirds system camera.

More... (http://fourthirds-user.com/2012/02/olympus_mzuiko_1250mm_f3563_image_samples.php)

angelpaaul
14th February 2012, 08:49 AM
Can't get the images to load. One loads and then I get -

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'makers/olympus.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/fourth/public_html/PHPcode/exif.php on line 589

Tried on Firefox and Explorer with the same results.

Regards - Paul

Graham_of_Rainham
14th February 2012, 10:26 AM
I've found the jpg images, but no words, exif info etc.,

http://fourthirds-user.com/sample_images/364/P1130230.jpg

This one Ian has taken of the bridge is useful to me as I have one very similar taken with an E-5 and 14-35

Once Ian fixes things it will be interesting to tale a close look at the RAW files.

IainMacD
14th February 2012, 10:28 AM
The RAW files are here

http://fourthirds-user.com/sample_images/364/raw/

Ian
14th February 2012, 04:37 PM
Apologies - something has happened to a key script we use to create the sample image gallery - and David, who wrote the script, is skiiing in France this week and has no internet access! Needless to say we are working on an alternatve solution...

Ian

timg
14th February 2012, 06:16 PM
I've just downloaded a few of the ORF files and noticed that the portrait images aren't orientated properly, I hope this will be sorted with the final firmware as it's a pet hate of mine! :eek:

Ian
14th February 2012, 06:19 PM
I have now fixed it - surprised myself actually :) For some reason the exif.php libraries were missing and then when I restored them the olympus.php script caused a memory error and then finally I found a bug-fixed version of the olympys script and now the sample galleries work again - phew!!!

Ian

timg
14th February 2012, 06:30 PM
I have now fixed it - surprised myself actually :) For some reason the exif.php libraries were missing and then when I restored them the olympus.php script caused a memory error and then finally I found a bug-fixed version of the olympys script and now the sample galleries work again - phew!!!

Thanks Ian!

timg
14th February 2012, 08:17 PM
I've just downloaded a few of the ORF files and noticed that the portrait images aren't orientated properly, I hope this will be sorted with the final firmware as it's a pet hate of mine! :eek:

DOH! Sorry, just twigged these are with the EP3 not the EM5 (must read the article first!!) Still one thing I really miss on the E1 vs the E510...

Ian
15th February 2012, 09:11 AM
Incidentally, in macro mode the lens works at 2:1 (half life size on the sensor or about the same as life-size on a 35mm full frame) and my test shows there is little distortion in macro mode.

Ian

Ian
15th February 2012, 11:59 AM
DOH! Sorry, just twigged these are with the EP3 not the EM5 (must read the article first!!) Still one thing I really miss on the E1 vs the E510...

Auto-rotate has been standard on all E-System and MFT cameras (from memory) for a long time, inlcuding the E-P3 and now the E-M5, so I'm not sure what you mean? It was my fault in the thumbnails for the sample image gallery that vertical images weren't upright (these were processed in Lightroom).

Ian

timg
15th February 2012, 02:06 PM
Auto-rotate has been standard on all E-System and MFT cameras (from memory) for a long time, inlcuding the E-P3 and now the E-M5, so I'm not sure what you mean? It was my fault in the thumbnails for the sample image gallery that vertical images weren't upright (these were processed in Lightroom).

I just downloaded the ORF files and imported them into LR4 and the orientation was wrong, not sure what happened but perhaps it's just me. I thought it was a bit of a odd feature to remove as it was so useful!

Ian
15th February 2012, 02:11 PM
I just downloaded the ORF files and imported them into LR4 and the orientation was wrong, not sure what happened but perhaps it's just me. I thought it was a bit of a odd feature to remove as it was so useful!

I think this is a LR issue as they didn't auto-rotate for me either but I took a test shot earlier today in portrait mode and this went into LR correctly! I didn't change the setting in the camera... I have seen comments elsewhere that indicates LR can be inconsistent with this.

Ian