PDA

View Full Version : Promising news?

Swordfish
29th January 2012, 07:25 PM
Noticed this on the AP website:

http://www.amateurphotographer.co.uk/news/Olympus_promises_more_Four_Thirds_camera_gear_news _311230.html

Don't know what it means, but slightly more encouraging news for a change.

Martin

Ian
30th January 2012, 10:49 AM
Well, this is no surprise to me. Although Olympus has made no promises to produce another DSLR, it has hinted on several occasions that it aims to continue to produce Four Thirds cameras. This statement is pretty clear, but not really that new. There are no promises, though, just a statement of aspiration. The same thing happened before the E-5 came out.

Ian

sponner
30th January 2012, 06:29 PM
AS a newbie I hope they can release something to challenge teh canikon stuff, I like being different :p

Zuiko
30th January 2012, 08:28 PM
Maybe the OM-D has been heavily leaked as a smokescreen to cover the imminent arrival of new FT models. :)

benvendetta
30th January 2012, 10:06 PM
The latest 'leaked images' on the 43Ru*ors site show a very desirable looking camera.
I want one............!

Zuiko
31st January 2012, 01:11 AM
The latest 'leaked images' on the 43Ru*ors site show a very desirable looking camera.
I want one............!

It's starting to look quite tasty, if what they are putting up is true, but I'll reserve judgement until we see the official specs and pictures - and have the benefit of Ian's report. For me it's rather accademic anyway, unless I find a (well paid!) job I can do, but I really hope this is the start of something special for Olympus and those waiting patiently to upgrade. :)

OlyPaul
31st January 2012, 07:46 AM
Mmm very iffy, that is a 3 and not a E as claimed, if it were a reversed E then the PUS in Olympus would also be reversed and it is not.:rolleyes:

Kiwi Paul
31st January 2012, 10:43 AM
The 3 or backward E is on the top of the camera not the front so is an E read from the behind and looking down on the camera.

Paul

OlyPaul
31st January 2012, 11:08 AM
The 3 or backward E is on the top of the camera not the front so is an E read from the behind and looking down on the camera.

Paul

And if that were the case then the word Art on the program wheel which is also on top would also be in reverse.

For the first time you see the built-in viewfinder from the front which has exactly the same design of the (optical) OM-4 viewfinder. You can also see that the name of the camera starts with “E-"

!!!

Greytop
31st January 2012, 11:55 AM
I think that 'E' has been photo-shopped on just to mix up the confusion a bit. For me it looks awkwardly placed, too close to the mode dial.

benvendetta
31st January 2012, 07:26 PM
The latest stitched together image suggests a seriously good looking camera. Of course we lose the top mounted display but I rarely use the one on my e-3 due to my c**p eyesight! Roll on next week.