PDA

View Full Version : Challenge #46 The evidence of things unseen.

wanderer
28th January 2012, 05:06 PM
Challenge #46 – The evidence of things unseen.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Could the MODS make this post a sticky please.

The next challenge is THE EVIDENCE OF THINGS UNSEEN.

Inspired by the title of WH Murray's Memoirs. He was one of the finest climbers of his generation and also a superb writer. His books on mountains, and in particular Scotland, have inspired generations of climbers. He was also a great philosopher and during his internment in WW2 in a POW camp got into meditation in a big way.

I'm thinking here of such as wind on water, tracks left behind, light traces from 'aliens', (see challenge #45) etc.

Please PM your entries to me, Wanderer, or email them to duncan.peet@hotmail.co.uk by Saturday 25th February 2012

General rules:
-Max. 800 pixels in width or height
-Up to 512KB
-EXIF intact
-Taken by you on an E-series (4/3 or m4/3) camera between 29th January 2012 and 25th February 2012.
-Include your name, your forum moniker and a title for the picture.

Full rules:

1. Photos should be taken (dated in EXIF) between 29th January 2012and 25th February 2012 inclusive and sent in during that period. Photos will be posted in the gallery after 25th February. We will vote in the week following, results announced soon after voting closes. More reminders and details nearer the date.

2. You must be the photographer who created the picture in order to enter the challenge, and all entries must be visibly anonymous and should be sent to the challenge organiser. You must indicate (a) your real name, (b) your e-group forum name and (c) a title for your photo, in the email. Any entries that are not clearly identifiable and verifiable won't be entered into the challenge.

3. Entries to the challenge :-

Should contain no watermarks, distinguishing effects and no borders
Must be jpg format and no more than 800 pixels on the longest edge
Must have been taken on an Olympus E-* camera
Must have all EXIF data included for the organiser to verify.
Max file size to suit the gallery here is 512kb.

4. You need to be registered on e-group.uk.net forums to qualify for entry into the challenge. The organiser may also enter the challenge (the entries are anonymous and the organiser is trusted to record votes accurately).

5. Only one entry permitted per challenge please. But if you want to withdraw an entry or replace it with another that's OK, you must make it clear in an email to the challenge organiser before the closing date, also ensure the email contains clear instructions and (if required) your replacement picture.

6. Voting on the challenge:-

Any registered member of the e-group forum may vote, including those who submit entries.
Those who submit entries may vote for their own photo but are expected to allot their choices fairly on perceived merit.
Voters should list their three choices in order of preference, by display number and title to avoid confusion.
Points will be allotted as follows: three to first choice, two to second choice, one to third choice.

Graham_of_Rainham
28th January 2012, 08:14 PM
Always wanted a reason to play with the Large Hadron Collider :D

shirley
28th January 2012, 08:45 PM
OK, unusually for me, I will start this off. I hope it fits the bill :rolleyes:

Ooops forgot this is an anonymous one!!!!

Bikie John
29th January 2012, 12:45 PM
What a wonderful subject, thanks Duncan. Will have to energise the grey matter for this!

Ciao ... John

Chevvyf1
30th January 2012, 12:48 PM
Always wanted a reason to play with the Large Hadron Collider :D

ME TOO ! off we go to Geneve' What a Great theme Duncan THANKS :eek:

MissusDoubtfire
3rd February 2012, 10:56 PM
I'm new here so can you tell me where I can find the entries for the challenge and how I can vote? Thanks Kevin (aka MissusDoubtfire)

meach
4th February 2012, 12:19 AM
I'm new here so can you tell me where I can find the entries for the challenge and how I can vote? Thanks Kevin (aka MissusDoubtfire)

Hi and welcome Kevin. You're a bit premature as the comp runs until 25 Feb (see first post above for details). After that a thread will be started with all the entries and instructions on how to vote. In the meantime there's still time for you to enter.

MissusDoubtfire
7th February 2012, 10:56 PM
Thanks Paul. Just been browsing through some of the more recent challenges and I read in one of them that I need six posts before I can vote. So this is Post Number 2 (I hope).

meach
7th February 2012, 11:16 PM
Thanks Paul. Just been browsing through some of the more recent challenges and I read in one of them that I need six posts before I can vote. So this is Post Number 2 (I hope).

Yes, you need six posts before you can send a PM (and you do indeed now have two). Why not tell us a little about yourself in the introduction section and maybe post a picture or two and before you know you'll be up to six!!!

wanderer
8th February 2012, 07:27 PM
But there is nothing to stop you putting in an entry.:)

Chevvyf1
8th February 2012, 09:32 PM
OOh Duncan this is a GREAT THEME ... it has my photo gastric juices going ... I have a few ideas and a few shots ... but none good enough ... EYT ! :( but soon :)

wanderer
21st February 2012, 09:58 AM
Just a bump.
Time is running out for pictures to be taken and submitted.

hruissen
21st February 2012, 02:35 PM
Hi Duncan,

You should have received one from me a few days ago.

regards

Henk

wanderer
22nd February 2012, 11:05 AM
Hi Henk
Yes I did.
apologies for not replying.

IainMacD
23rd February 2012, 11:07 PM
Not long to go on this guys - get your thinking caps on!

wanderer
24th February 2012, 08:36 PM
Just over 24 hours to go.
I'd like a couple more pictures please.

mark_airey
27th February 2012, 08:28 AM
I was confused by the challenge so decided the best solution was to do nothing and that way I couldn't be wrong :D

Chevvyf1
27th February 2012, 08:36 AM
I was confused by the challenge so decided the best solution was to do nothing and that way I couldn't be wrong :D

Next time :D we can all discuss more and help you *yes *chr

mark_airey
27th February 2012, 09:02 AM
I have a couple that might fit for the challenge that were done recently but who knows............hehe

Chevvyf1
28th February 2012, 06:34 PM
Duncan, have I missed voting ? :eek:

dbutch
28th February 2012, 07:29 PM
Perhaps he's gone out for a wander:)

wanderer
28th February 2012, 09:38 PM
Nope I've not gone a wandering.
One entry wasn't at the right size so I got the good member to increase it.
I'll put them up tomorrow (Wed).