PDA

View Full Version : Crumpler Jimmy Bo

paullus
28th January 2012, 11:52 AM
Has anyone tried a Crumpler Jimmy Bo 500 or 600 with their E3/5 camera with 70-300 lens attached. I've got the JB 400 but I find it a tight fit even for my E5 with 12-60 attached.
Thanks,
Steve

David Morison
28th January 2012, 12:34 PM
I have a Camera Care Systems Tusker large size and I can get my E5 + 50-200mm in OK if the lens hood is reversed. The E5 + Leica 14-150mm can fit in with lens hood extended so it will definitely suit your requirements:

http://www.ccscentre.co.uk/

David

paullus
25th February 2012, 06:39 PM
I have a Camera Care Systems Tusker large size and I can get my E5 + 50-200mm in OK if the lens hood is reversed. The E5 + Leica 14-150mm can fit in with lens hood extended so it will definitely suit your requirements:
David

Hi David.
Thanks for your reply, sorry I didn't respond sooner.
A couple of questions; where did you buy your Tusker from?
With the 50-200mm does it fit easily or is it a squeeze?
Does your E5 have a neck strap fitted too?
I've just tried a Jimmy Bo 500 and had to take my Black Rapid sling off to get my E5+50-200mm in and zipped up, which isn't ideal.
Thanks,
Steve.

David Morison
25th February 2012, 07:53 PM
Hi Steve, yes I can get the E5 plus 50-200mm in OK but it is a very tight squeeze with the Lens hood on - reversed of course. No I don't have a neck strap fitted but use a BlackRapid type of strap, which of course won't fit in as well. In practice I tend to keep the strap around my shoulders and clip the camera to it when I want to have it ready to hand, so it isn't much of an issue for me. I was lucky to buy the bag off Ebay at 5 in as new condition but I don't know of any suppliers, the CCC website may be able to help there. It is a lovely bit of kit and so much more substantial and better made than the Lowepro bag I used before - hopefully it will last me a lifetime!

David

paullus
25th February 2012, 08:17 PM
In practice I tend to keep the strap around my shoulders and clip the camera to it when I want to have it ready to hand, so it isn't much of an issue for me.

Thanks for that David.
funnily enough I did exactly as you do today for the first time and you're right it's not an issue.

I'll see if I can hunt a Tusker down.

Regards,
Steve.

IainMacD
25th February 2012, 09:30 PM
Not sure if you have looked these at all, but I use a Lowepro Toploader Zoom 55AW for my E-620 with HLD-5 grip and 50-200, no problem with the strap and it will even hold the same setup with EC-14 attached too.
On offer here (http://www.mymemory.co.uk/Shoulder-Bags/Lowepro/Lowepro-Toploader-Zoom-55-AW-Backpack---Black) for 19.95!!
Check the dimensions for the E-5, I am making the assumption that E-620 plus grip is a similar size
Cheers
Iain

paullus
26th February 2012, 08:06 AM
Hi Iain.
I've actually got a Lowepro TLZ 75AW version but I find it way too bulky. Maybe I should have tried the 55AW instead.
Cheers,
Steve.