PDA

View Full Version : Best place to send a camera for repair

joglos
25th January 2012, 10:10 AM
Hi, I have an E620 purchased a while ago as faulty, Fires up, goes through the motion re focusing etc, but shutter will not fire, i was told it had been dropped, no external damage. if in live view the screen has lots of lines and freezes when shutter button pressed. I was going to have a look myself, but cant find any repair manuals available, so advice please as the best places re repair, Oly, Luton etc. Thanks

Bikie John
25th January 2012, 10:38 AM
I have used Luton - several times in ancient history for OM stuff, and recently for an E lens - and always found them excellent. Can't comment on any others.

Good luck ... John

Swordfish
25th January 2012, 04:45 PM
I would also recommend Luton as very reliable.

Martin

Wreckdiver
25th January 2012, 05:59 PM
Try Luton cameras first before Olympus.

I have just returned a faulty Ring Flash (FS-RF11) and Controller (FS-FC1) to Olympus and I wish I'd tried Luton Cameras first. The fault was intermittent, possibly the cable or connector.

I sent both items as I didn't know which was the faulty item, so tests would need to be done to establish which needed repair. The technicians in Portugal treated the two items as two separate repair jobs and were handled by two technicians. According to Olympus both items were found to be at fault. Being an electronic engineer myself I knew that something just wasn't right. I was denied direct contact with the technicians. I got a repair bill for 235 which was a total rip-off :(

So I'd recommend Luton Cameras.

Steve

Who's_E
25th January 2012, 09:30 PM
If you bought it from a retailer then try them and Google/research the specifics of Section 14 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979.

http://whatconsumer.co.uk/the-sale-of-goods-act/

It may help (although most retailers don't appear to know it exists).

Nick

KyleSmith
10th March 2012, 10:57 PM
As people previously suggested, Luton is very good.

They fixed the tighten ring on my flashgun and was a reasonable pricing.

:)