PDA

View Full Version : E-620 to OLYMPUS MASTER 2 CONNECTION

kolicky
18th January 2012, 07:30 PM
Hello All,
I recently got an E-620 and have a problem with the "transfer from camera" function in the installed OLYMPUS MASTER 2 software. I always get a "cannot detect any camera connected to pc" message. Following the manual it says:
connect the camera to pc and press transfer button, chose method .
only nothing apart from this message happens. Is there anything i am missing What mode must the camera be in?
When to turn camera on?
Activate software then connect camera or vice versa.? Tried both none work.

Please any suggestions?:confused:
Thank you

rrvdplas
18th January 2012, 08:17 PM
Hi Kolicky,

It has probably something to do with the recognition of your camera by windows (or mac-OS?). Is the camera visible as an external device?
I never attach my E620 directly to the computer. Always use a card reader. Much easier. Also the batteries of the camera are saved.

tycoon1954
18th January 2012, 09:43 PM
Hi Kolicky
When i connect my camera in PC mode but i always use a card reader its faster and saves time and batteries

cliff
18th January 2012, 11:51 PM
When you connect the camera to the computer, dose it say - storage -on the camera? and are you then pressing -ok-on the camera?,the software should then see the camera,hope this helps - best regards Cliff

Ross the fiddler
19th January 2012, 03:25 AM
When you connect the camera to the computer, dose it say - storage -on the camera? and are you then pressing -ok-on the camera?,the software should then see the camera,hope this helps - best regards Cliff

If none of the above works, check that the connector pins aren't damaged.

Barkly
21st January 2012, 07:53 AM
Good advice from Ross - my daugthers P&S Olly wasn't recognised when connected and then I discovered that the cable could be put in upside down. Turned around it worked.

Ross the fiddler
21st January 2012, 10:03 AM
Good advice from Ross - my daugthers P&S Olly wasn't recognised when connected and then I discovered that the cable could be put in upside down. Turned around it worked.

It unfortunately wrecked the connector in my E520 when I did it more than twice (it comes from plugging in the remote shutter release cable in the dark). :mad: The centre insulator broke out, so I separated the scrunched pins so the camera would still work (thankfully) & now the only way to download the photos from it is to use a card reader (Transcend actually, recommended), which I use for all photo downloads now. *yes

Barkly
30th January 2012, 08:19 AM
I actually prefer a crad reader - it downloads very fast.