PDA

View Full Version : Olympus at 'Focus'

Andrew Riddell
17th January 2012, 07:20 PM
From the 'Focus on Imaging' newletter:

Olympus - new enthusiast centred product
Focus 2012 will be the first UK viewing of Olympus' hot new high-end product aimed at the enthusiast market. To be formally announced on 8 February, Olympus promises an action-packed stand full of surprises to mark the occasion - One Major camera's much anticipated first public view in the UK. We can't tell you what but there is a clue beginning with One.

The show is on 4 - 7 March at the NEC - looks as though a trip to Brum may be called for!

Andrew

benvendetta
17th January 2012, 09:26 PM
As I have been going for years I got the email. New high end model? Hmmm. Interesting days indeed!

Phill D
17th January 2012, 10:19 PM
Yes got my registration number too. The show just got more interesting.

Zuiko
17th January 2012, 10:37 PM
Oh My Goodness! :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

StephenL
18th January 2012, 07:39 AM
- One Major camera's much anticipated first public view in the UK. We can't tell you what but there is a clue beginning with One.

One Major?

Used to go for my work, but nowadays it's just too far :mad:

David M
18th January 2012, 11:16 AM
Used to go for my work, but nowadays it's just too far :mad:

Used to go when it was a trade show for pros. From what I understand it's now an amateur show.

benvendetta
18th January 2012, 12:48 PM
I was considering not bothering this year but now I may well do. Will leave the credit card at home though - too many temptations :(

benvendetta
18th January 2012, 01:06 PM
Some more OMD stuff here
http://news.cnet.com/8301-30685_3-57360493-264/olympus-going-even-more-retro-with-om-d-camera/

Grumpy Hec
19th January 2012, 07:37 AM
I await with huge interest to see what this looks like.

Really hope it is real step forward as opposed to another "niche" market move. Along with that I also hope it supports 4/3 as well as the obvious m4/3 so that loyalty over the years is not abused and we can use the quality glass many in this forum have in their numerous camera bags.

From a personal perspective I am starting to think about upgrading my kit and this new camera could be a critical factor in deciding how I go forward. Do I stay with Olympus, which is what I very much want to do, or swap to another system which appeals to me in terms of handling, IQ etc but which also appears to have a future. Of course what appears to have a future now can suddenly become legacy so that risk always exists.

Equally of course existing kit does not suddenly stop producing great images but lack of support can cause problems with repair, getting accessories and the like plus any technological advances are out of bounds.

Having said all this I also readily accept and acknowldge that my camera's capability probably exceeds my personal skill levels!! I guess I have this, probably irrational and silly, need to be in a sytem which is supported so that in the unlikely event that I do start to match my camera's abilities I can move on in terms of kit. That's a personal thing which others will undoubtedly think is daft which is fair enough.

Anyway I may try and get to Focus to have a closer look.

cheers

Hec

Adam Easton
20th January 2012, 12:48 PM
All sounds very interesting.

I have never been to Focus as I am somewhat new to the photographic world. I had made plains to go this year so I am Looking forward to it even more!:)

Nova Invicta
20th January 2012, 11:05 PM
Rather wishing I had not bought the Canon EOS 550D to use my old Canon EOS film lenses should have waited as I have both 4/3rds and micro 4/3rds lenses & cameras (currently have E500, E400, E520, EPL1 & EPM1)