PDA

View Full Version : Sunpack flash

sapper
17th January 2012, 03:41 PM
Got a Sunpack autozoom 3600 flash here without instructions. it works off mains but I cannot for the life of me find out where the batteries go.
Anyone help me with this?

BobS
17th January 2012, 04:09 PM
Got a Sunpack autozoom 3600 flash here without instructions. it works off mains but I cannot for the life of me find out where the batteries go.
Anyone help me with this?

If it runs off the mains, Dave, does it actually take batteries? I had a gun many years ago that didn't.

sapper
17th January 2012, 04:14 PM
Think it does, seem to remember that I read that somewhere. I could buy a set of instructions but thought I would try here first.

snaarman
17th January 2012, 04:58 PM
Some Sunpak manuals here... http://www.butkus.org/chinon/flashes_meters/sunpak_flash/sunpak_flash_units.htm

Pete

OlyPaul
17th January 2012, 05:00 PM
If i remember correctly the batteries fit in the head of the gun from the top a clip in cover has to be removed, but my memory may be wrong.

By the way I would think twice about using it in the hotshoe of a digital camera has it has a high trigger voltage.

sapper
17th January 2012, 05:04 PM
Some Sunpak manuals here... http://www.butkus.org/chinon/flashes_meters/sunpak_flash/sunpak_flash_units.htm

Pete
Thanks for this Pete.

sapper
17th January 2012, 05:06 PM
If i remember correctly the batteries fit in the head of the gun from the top a clip in cover has to be removed, but my memory may be wrong.

By the way I would think twice about using it in the hotshoe has it has a high trigger voltage.

Think you are correct Paul, but I think the bit where the batteries go may be missing.
Yes, I know I shouldn't use it with digital:D

BobS
17th January 2012, 05:06 PM
"A Sunpak 522 is the same as as a Sunpak 3600, US model number /International model number.

a Sunpak 544 is pretty much the same as a 522/3600 without the clumsy TTL setup. (watch out for the high trigger voltage though). Only fires with pc cord."

Extracted from google search author Bill Sotiras May 28, 2006; 06:54 a.m.

So you might find some info with a search of the Sunpack 522.

OlyPaul
17th January 2012, 05:11 PM
Think you are correct Paul, but I think the bit where the batteries go may be missing.
Yes, I know I shouldn't use it with digital:D

There should be a battery box that fits in their.