PDA

View Full Version : E-3 Training DVDs and instruction manuals

Ian
29th November 2007, 10:06 PM
If you were very early in the queue for an E-3 and you didn't receive an instruction DVD or printed manual in the box, you should have :)

Let me know if this was the case.

Ian

Paulpp
29th November 2007, 10:38 PM
Got a printed manual but no DVD, BUT, was very pleased to get a full printed manual. Nothing annoys me more (well a few things do actually) than a manual on a CD which is useless if you don't know what you are looking for. Give me an old fashioned read every time!!!!! So not that worried about the DVD.

emirpprime
30th November 2007, 08:51 AM
Ditto.

After having to print out the full manial for the E1 so I could take it away with me I was really pleased to see a printed one :)
Phil

Grahams
30th November 2007, 12:23 PM
With the E3 that I bought I only received a small manual. Is this the one that you are talking about, or the full manual that has been on the net? Also I did not receive a DVD.

nad
30th November 2007, 12:54 PM
I got the printed manual (in Danish - glad I have the english version in pdf...) with the E-3 on Monday and the DVD yesterday on my next visit to my dealer.

niels

Guntruck
30th November 2007, 01:43 PM
Got the DVD :) , didn't get the printed manual :mad:

Can't say I am greatly fussed about the manual though, as it's available on the Oly site.

emirpprime
30th November 2007, 01:56 PM
Guntruck,
Is the DVD any good? Or more marketing than useful?
Cheers,
Phil

Paulpp
30th November 2007, 02:06 PM
From a few checks the manual I got with the E3 and the one on the net seem identical (I have not checked every page) although page numbering differs.

Chillimonster
30th November 2007, 03:42 PM
Got the manual but no DVD here.

Guntruck
30th November 2007, 03:53 PM
Emirpprime,

Haven't had a chance to look at it yet.

Just had enough time to look thru the manual I got from the web, find out where the various bells and whistles were, then chuck the camera into a suitcase for a flight to Berlin tonight.

DerekW
30th November 2007, 05:38 PM
Printed Manual and Olympus Master 2 CD in the Camera box along with Warranty information only

Will Olympus do a trawl checking out for missing DVDs or will we have to ask for them by quoting the serial number.

Ian
30th November 2007, 05:47 PM
Anyone who is missing a DVD or manual, send me a PM (http://e-group.uk.net/forum/private.php?do=newpm&u=3) with what you need, plus your address, and I will pass on your details. :)

Ian

Jim
30th November 2007, 07:26 PM
Got Manual but no DVD

emirpprime
30th November 2007, 09:02 PM
Cheers Ian, will do. Seems you're moonlighting as the 4/3rds angel ;)
Phil

RSGodfrey
1st December 2007, 02:33 PM
Got my E-3 + 12-60 today with manual but no training DVD.

Thanks

Richard

Grahams
11th December 2007, 01:07 PM
Thanks Ian, received my DVD and Manual yesterday.

beardedwombat
11th December 2007, 03:21 PM
Received my DVD yesterday, many thanks to Ian once again!
Chris

theMusicMan
11th December 2007, 05:12 PM
Nothing came for me today, though I need to ask my wife if the postie arrived late.:(

DerekW
11th December 2007, 06:13 PM
Looking at the DVD, the files were written finally on the 8th of November.

That means the filming was done in late summer - especially if you look at the leaves on the trees which are quite green.

Given that the early sample of the E3 Ian looked at in the middle of October had a firmware level of .9 one wonders what cameras and lenses where used to take the sample pictures in the DVD.

If they were taken with production level equipment then I have to congratulate the film makers for the speed of execution - however as an ex inhabitant of a marketing department - I do wonder <g>

PeterD
11th December 2007, 08:12 PM
Looking at the DVD, the files were written finally on the 8th of November.

That means the filming was done in late summer - especially if you look at the leaves on the trees which are quite green.

Given that the early sample of the E3 Ian looked at in the middle of October had a firmware level of .9 one wonders what cameras and lenses where used to take the sample pictures in the DVD.

If they were taken with production level equipment then I have to congratulate the film makers for the speed of execution - however as an ex inhabitant of a marketing department - I do wonder <g>

I am beginning to wonder what this is all about. I received the Olympus Master software but not a DVD. I ignored this before because I thought everyone was talking about the software disc but clearly not!:confused:
Ian, any chance of asking Oly for another disc for me please.

Thanks. The pain in the neck:o

PeterD

emirpprime
11th December 2007, 08:42 PM
Especially as it inculdes the SWD 50-200, that isn't even shipping yet. I'm sure they must have been using ver 0.9, as it seems that was basically final, but a few firmware tweaks were made.
Phil

edwardholloway
19th December 2007, 04:29 PM
Ian,

There was an instruction manual in my box but no training DVD

Edward

PeterD
19th December 2007, 04:44 PM
Ian,

There was an instruction manual in my box but no training DVD

Edward

Hi Ian, I am in the same boat as Edward. Please see my previous e-mail on this thread.

I hope you are having a break though as it was a very busy period these last 3 months.

Kind regards

PeterD

jdal
19th December 2007, 05:47 PM
I got an early E-3, there was a manual, biut no DVD.

patrickss
19th December 2007, 11:24 PM
Received my E3 from Park camera's on 11-12-07 Including written manual &
training DVD :)

Ijay37
20th December 2007, 08:07 PM
Received my E3 from Park camera's on 11-12-07 Including written manual &
training DVD :)

Hi would you be interested in making a few copies of the DVD, for a small renumeration of course. I would be interested.
Regards John

patrickss
22nd December 2007, 12:59 AM
Hi would you be interested in making a few copies of the DVD, for a small renumeration of course. I would be interested.
Regards John

Hi John,
I Have no problems with your request for a copy of the E3 training DVD..
In fact I have just made a copy just to see if it's possible & it copyed just fine & tested it in vista works a treat!!
Just let me have your Adress & will mail it off ASAP,though it will after xmas
I'm afraid!!.
Don't know how many copys you want?....though!!:confused:

All the best
Patrick

Ijay37
22nd December 2007, 12:04 PM
Hi John,
I Have no problems with your request for a copy of the E3 training DVD..
In fact I have just made a copy just to see if it's possible & it copyed just fine & tested it in vista works a treat!!
Just let me have your Adress & will mail it off ASAP,though it will after xmas
I'm afraid!!.
Don't know how many copys you want?....though!!:confused:

All the best
Patrick

Hi Patrick
Thanks very much I will contact you privately after the festive season with my address, I only want one copy I put copies in case anyone else asked you for one.
Merry Xmas John

jdal
22nd December 2007, 12:19 PM
DVD arrived this morning, many thanks Ian.

B.P.S Studios
25th February 2008, 11:11 PM
Hi Ian,

I was the first person in Ireland to have an E3 but did not get the Manual or DVD. In fact I ended up downloading the manual from the Olympus website. The DVD would be nice to have though!

Regards,

Ian
B.P.S Studios

OlyFlyer
4th March 2008, 07:53 PM
I got the printed manual (in Danish - glad I have the english version in pdf...) with the E-3 on Monday and the DVD yesterday on my next visit to my dealer.

niels Even in Sweden no English printed manuals in the box, only Swedish. Since I am a freak, I printed (and read) the English already before receiving the camera, but the Swedish one is also good to have.

PeterD
4th March 2008, 09:15 PM
Even in Sweden no English printed manuals in the box, only Swedish. Since I am a freak, I printed (and read) the English already before receiving the camera, but the Swedish one is also good to have.

Hi OF,

I have not seen much of your posts lately. Just to satisfy my curiousity, have you received your replacement E3? I hope so. If so, how are you getting on with it?

I have not been on here very much as I had to concentrate on other urgent family matters. I therefore apologise in advance if I have missed your posting on this.

PeterD

OlyFlyer
5th March 2008, 07:43 AM
Hi Peter,

Thank you for asking. Unfortunately, I have not received my replacement E-3 yet, I called Oly Sweden yesterday and the guy I spoke to said: "I am holding you camera in my hands right now!" I asked him, why holding on to my camera, send it to me instead (a little sarcastic after 2.5 weeks wait). According to him, it will be in my hands later today. I hope he is right this time. I spoke to him over a week ago and then he told me the camera will be in my hands last Friday, or latest this week on Monday, unless the world collapses or a new world war breaks out. Well, I haven't read or watched the news lately, but the radio did not say anything about world war and AFAIK the world did not collapse... I still not have my camera, and it is Wednesday today.

Actually, I was quite positive to the way they handled my camera, promptly answered, decision DOA taken very fast but, instead of expedited handling as promised, the camera was gone for as long as it took to repair my E-500. So today, I am not so positive to Olympus way of handling things. I'll be even more unhappy if they return a repaired camera (forgot to ask yesterday, but all the time before we talked about a NEW body), or if the replacement camera also is faulty. As a matter of fact, maybe the worse scenario is if I get back the same camera and nothing is been done. That will make me jump to the roof and scream out loud...

But I trust them until proven differently, the answer is in my hands in a few hours time.

I will get back on this one.

Cheers.