PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Hampshire

petrovich
17th May 2008, 06:30 AM
At present owner of a SP550 UZ but will purchase either a E1 or E510 over the next month. Will use both cameras, the 550 for snaps and the E for landscapes and flora etc.

Regards

:):):)

Jim
17th May 2008, 06:50 AM
Welcome aboard, any questions just ask, we are a friendly bunch :)

snaarman
17th May 2008, 08:12 AM
Hi there!
Great forum, friendly folk, good gallery :-)

Pete

steverh
17th May 2008, 08:17 AM
I use an E-1 and it's an amazing camera as long as you keep within its "comfort zone" - it's not too good at high ISO and the autofocus can be a bit slow by current standards. However, the colours and tonality are second to none. Also, the handling is great and it's built like a tank! Not difficult to find used ones and very good value.

The 510 is a very good camera and there are some killer deals around at the moment - you can get the two-lens kit for just over 400 (try Bristol Cameras or Park Cameras).

Lots of members use Kerso for obtaining new Olympus kit. He is a member of the group and has an Ebay shop. He can supply most Olympus stuff and can give a very good price to group members if you go to him direct rather than through Ebay. I know that he is on holiday at the moment but he will be back in about 10 days. Send me a PM if you want more details.

shenstone
17th May 2008, 08:17 AM
Welcome...

What is that AVATAR ? I can't quite make it out ..

Look forward to seeing some pictures

Regards
Andy

theMusicMan
17th May 2008, 09:03 AM
Hey petrovich - welcome to the forum. Good luck with the new camera - go for an E-510 or perhaps even consider the new E-520 - they're both great cameras.

tlove
17th May 2008, 10:05 AM
Welcome to the forum from another Hampshire resident.

Whatever Oly you use, enjoy your stay here, and let's see some pictures soon :):).

Thea

petrovich
17th May 2008, 11:17 AM
Thanks everyone, will post some piccies later today when I master the gallery thing. The avatar is of Williams F1.

Regards

Ellie
18th May 2008, 11:00 PM
http://www.chins-n-quills.com/forums/images/smilies/hello3.gif Hi from another Hampshire resident, I'm in the south west of the county :)

DerekW
19th May 2008, 09:55 AM
Ah Horndean - home of the legendary

H rnd an Pre c nt

one of the great architectural sites in Southern UK

One good thing about the place - The A3 to the M25 <g>

Scapula Memory
19th May 2008, 10:59 AM
Ah Horndean - home of the legendary

H rnd an Pre c nt

one of the great architectural sites in Southern UK

One good thing about the place - The A3 to the M25 <g>

The last time I spent an afternoon in Horndean was on one of the last tours of the old Gales brewery before it closed. Fantastic afternoon, and proof that I can organize a p**s up in a brewery *chr Have many fond memories of staggering out of the Ship and Bell after a few Prize Old Ales.....

DerekW
19th May 2008, 05:23 PM
The death of Gales was a sad blow to an area of outstanding un-natural ugliness.

Horndean's other claim to fame was a few years ago of when some local in a bid to get the Darwin Award set fire to his garage where he was welding a car. When the fire brigade discovered there was an acetylene cylinder in the smoking ruins they went ballistic and closed an area 200m radius for 24 hours - including the A3 - fun and joy for all. Sadly the chap did not achieve his Darwin Award - but I got a few pics in the local rag and on the BBC website.

petrovich
20th May 2008, 09:39 PM
Yes I do agree about the Horndean precinct, if it was not for the Ship and Bell I do not suppose I would cross the A3 bridge at all.....

Thanks for the replies have not mastered the gallery yet, something to do with file sizes , will have another go Thursday evening....

Regards