PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Samyang 8 mm f/3.5

ronyzmbow
30th December 2011, 06:17 AM
Can anybody share images taken with Samyang 8 mm f/3.5 on any 4-3 body, not m4-3?
There are many reviews and sample images but none on 4-3 body in the net!

Jim Ford
30th December 2011, 01:24 PM
Ask on the Olympus SLR Talk forum on dpreview.com. This lens has been mentioned several times AIRC.

Jim

David M
30th December 2011, 09:38 PM
Ask on the Olympus SLR Talk forum on dpreview.com. This lens has been mentioned several times AIRC.

Jim

I seem to recall photos being posted on this forum taken with the lens.

I keep thinking about getting one having recently got the 85mm f/1.4 Samyang.

I'm waiting impatiently for the 24mm f/1.4 to be released and a few user reviews because it's another tempting lens.

David Gethin
31st December 2011, 10:05 AM
Can anybody share images taken with Samyang 8 mm f/3.5 on any 4-3 body, not m4-3?
There are many reviews and sample images but none on 4-3 body in the net!

Have a look at this early thread when I acquired mine. The focus issues were resolved by my use of a cardboard shim. If you get one with a 4/3 mount then I believe this becomes a non-issue. stevednp3 has one.

Since then I have also got an Olympus 8mm fisheye - I have promised to post comparison photos before, but I will do so later today. The two lenses give different fisheye effects (the Samyang is more semi-fisheye as it was designed for the APS crop sensors rather than the Olympus sensor). Chromatic aberration is in my opinion far worse on the Olympus, however this is readily solved in Lightroom or Photoshop so should not be considered a reason not to buy an Olympus fisheye.