PDA

View Full Version : Looking for extender chord for flash trigger...

theMusicMan
29th November 2007, 07:43 PM
I was at a photoshoot job recently and my main keylight wasn't firing every time I took a shot. I managed to identify a bad connection from the cable to the hotshoe connector on the top of the camera. I wasn't sure if it was actually the hotshoe itself, or the cable; so I just bought a hotshoe connector. Alas the problem continued. I tried a new cable - but the connector on that one didn't fit my keylight and so have to connect the camera to one of the slave lights. This didn't matter of course as they are all slaves and each flash then fired successfully.

So, I am now in need of a new cable for this. The current one has a 1/4" jack connector on the one end, and on the other end is the small weird connector that goes into the hotshoe adapter that fits on top of the camera.

Now, I know I could try a wireless trigger, but I'd prefer to keep using the cable. The cable is a coiled one (rather like the old telephone cables) and extends to about 20'.

Does anyone know where I can source one of these please...? many thanks.

John

Chillimonster
29th November 2007, 07:54 PM
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/5-meter-Male-6-35mm-Flash-Sync-Cord-4-Studio-Strobe_W0QQitemZ120190578919QQihZ002QQcategoryZ434 43QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Similar to this one (Connector wise)??

theMusicMan
29th November 2007, 07:56 PM
Connector wise Chris - spot on. Just want something a little longer and with the extender cable similar to a telephone cord.

Chillimonster
29th November 2007, 07:58 PM
Connector wise Chris - spot on. Just want something a little longer and with the extender cable similar to a telephone cord.

no probs, will have a look for you.

Now i know the connectors it make lfe a lot easier.

PS - You hit the trigger on that E-3 yet? ... Your print sales must have nearly paid for one by now :D

theMusicMan
29th November 2007, 09:49 PM
no probs, will have a look for you.

Now i know the connectors it make lfe a lot easier.

PS - You hit the trigger on that E-3 yet? ... Your print sales must have nearly paid for one by now :DHave ordered 2 E-510 twin lens kits - one for my daughter (but don't tell her) and one for my mate (from his wife). Probably going to get the E-3 from a local supplier so I can be 100% sure of the power grip and bag offer.

J

Chillimonster
29th November 2007, 09:56 PM
Probably a wise move.

Might be worth plumping for the 12-60 kit if you can.

the lens is a sweet one and comparable to the 11-22 and 14-54.

Sold my 11-22 & 14-54 and 'welded' the 12-60 on the front of the E-3. Very versatile combo.

Add the ex-25, and ec-14 and it becomes even better.