PDA

View Full Version : FTU and e-group photo competition winners revealed

Four Thirds User
22nd December 2011, 07:30 PM
Four Thirds User (Fourthirds-user.com (http://fourthirds-user.com)) is a sibling site to the e-group.

It's been a long wait, sorry about that, but today the winners of the two autumn competitions run by Four Thirds User (http://fourthirds-user.com) and sibling site Olympus UK E-System User Group (http://e-group.uk.net) can be revealed.

As usual, judging such a high quality of entries was very difficult and as you can see in the short-list galleries for Micro Four Thirds (http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/showgallery.php/cat/1338) and Four Thirds (http://fourthirds-user.com/galleries/showgallery.php/cat/940) entries deemed head and shoulders above the average.

More... (http://fourthirds-user.com/2011/12/ftu_and_egroup_photo_competition_winners_revealed. php)

andym
22nd December 2011, 08:24 PM
Well done to the winners,great images.

I was pleased to get one in the Four Thirds short list.

Thanks to Olympus and Ian for running this.Lets hope that we can all go from strength to strength next year.

*chr*chr*chr*chr*chr

PeterBirder
22nd December 2011, 08:42 PM
CONGRATULATIONS ULFRIC

Well deserved result against formidable competition.
Congratulations also to the runners up and short listed entries.I'm not surprised it took the judges a while to decide the outcome, an incredibly high standard all round.
Very interesting that the DSLR entries far exceeded the m4/3 entries and that the winning 4/3 entry was taken with an E-400 and kit zoom.

Congratulations to all.*chr

benvendetta
22nd December 2011, 08:49 PM
I have just seen that I am joint runner up.
Pretty pleased with that! *yes

Janet
22nd December 2011, 09:10 PM
Very well done!

Some stiff competition there...

Janet

Zuiko
23rd December 2011, 08:41 AM
Congratulations to the winners and all those shortlisted and a big, big thank you to Ian and Olympus for running this competition. I'm not surprised that judging took so long, bearing in mind that there was not just one, but two competitions and that the standard of entries was so high! My entry in the FT competition was shortlisted so I'm happy with that and will keep my fingers crossed for it's inclusion in the book. :)

I think the reason FT entries eclipsed MFT in volume is that FT has been around a lot longer than its more recent cousin. I've certainly got a much larger collection of pictures taken with DSLRs than with Pens, but in recent months have used my E-P3 much more than my E-3. Run this competition again in a couple of years (now there's an idea!) and the balance between FT and MFT entries might be very different.

E-P1 fan
23rd December 2011, 09:34 AM
Excellent winners

Bikie John
23rd December 2011, 09:47 AM
Many congrats to the winners and runners-up, and thanks to Ian and crew for doing it all. I find it hard enough to judge a monthly comp with a dozen entries so this must have been a truly Herculean labour!

Ciao ... John (in a good mood, having made the shortlist thanks to Rawcoll's former 50-200 SWD :) )

wanderer
23rd December 2011, 09:58 AM
Congratulations to the winners. Some real crackers in there.

And congratulations to John (Zuiko) for passing 6000 posts! *yes
What a blether:D

Chevvyf1
23rd December 2011, 11:08 AM
C o n g r a t u l a t i o n 's to all entries *chr ... those placed did extremely well, in such a tight competition ! AWESOME ENTRIES and the IQ is truly amazing ! :D what great photography kit Oly make :eek:

snag2000
23rd December 2011, 02:27 PM
Some great shots there, from both formats, and a real variety of subject matter. It must have been harder to judge it without a theme. Congratulations to winners and shortlistees.

Mike

Greytop
23rd December 2011, 05:06 PM
Congratulations to all short-listed and especially to the winners, some stunning images there, I can see it must have been a very difficult challenge to judge.

crimbo
23rd December 2011, 08:08 PM
congrats Ulfric

( I did squeeze a listed in the 4/3)

Who's_E
23rd December 2011, 10:46 PM
Thank you Ian for running both competitions and congratulations to those who placed first and joint second!

Nick

gregles
23rd December 2011, 10:53 PM
Well done to the winners and thanks to Ian and Oly *chr

Greg:)

Ross the fiddler
24th December 2011, 02:34 AM
Congratulations to all short-listed and especially to the winners, some stunning images there, I can see it must have been a very difficult challenge to judge.

You've said it just way way I would like to as well. *yes Congrats all!

*chr *chr *chr

Vril_Ya
24th December 2011, 08:14 AM
wow.. finally the results are out!.. pretty much surpised to see my entry shortlisted! :).. and Congrats to the Winner and all those entered!

Special thanks to the organizers!.. when's the next competition?! :)

maccabeej
24th December 2011, 08:32 AM
Well done to the winners and thanks to Ian and Oly *chr

Greg:)

Can I echo that and Ulfric, I remember back at the meet up in May you were unsure about keeping the Pen! Obviously you made the right choice:)
Jim

Ulfric M Douglas
25th December 2011, 04:29 PM
I've been too busy to notice this thread for a couple of days, so ...

Thanks!

( Hey Jim, it looks a bit different now ... I 'modified' my e-P1 with a new OVf and thumb-thing.)

Ian Grego
26th December 2011, 09:50 AM
Well done to all,

All the best for 2012

Ian

Bryso
26th December 2011, 10:56 PM
Congrats to the winners, I got shortlisted and hope to make the book as that is the target :clap: some stunning images, Olympus truly is a stunning piece of kit : welcome Ian and Olympus for running the comp look forward to the next 1

metromadness
28th December 2011, 07:35 PM
I'm completely gobsmacked to find out I was the winner in the dslr group, and even more so after seeing the shortlisted entries, it could of been any 1 of us, I certainly wouldn't of wanted the tough task of picking a winner thats for sure.
congratulations and good luck for the future to all who made the shortlist.
best wishes for the new year to all my fellow four thirds users!

LMGruchy
3rd January 2012, 02:51 PM
Very well done all.

Ulfric M Douglas
13th February 2012, 06:51 PM
A big thank you to Ian and Olympus.
Today (after a car-chase ... sortof) I received my lovely prize ;
Brown e-pM1 & two silver lenses.
This is the first camera I've had that deals admirably with energy-saving lightbulbs and gives a decent colour balance, absolutely brilliant!
Plus, although tortuous, the focus on my 4/3rds 14-54MkI is truly excellent.
And an orange focus-light! And 5 fps! And wierdly better low-light exposure than my e-pL1.
I have some kit-lens tests to do now that I've got ... well, too many of the little things.
Thanks again.

benvendetta
13th February 2012, 10:50 PM
Well done. Just wish the prizes extended to the runners-up :(

Zuiko
13th February 2012, 11:20 PM
Well done Ulfric and maybe next time Dave! :D

crimbo
14th February 2012, 08:57 AM
congrats Ulfric...look forward to seeing images from it...
..... as for us runners up, there is to be the book....

Mrs T
14th February 2012, 12:28 PM
Has anyone heard yet if their image has made the book? I keep getting asked and can only say I don't know!

Amanda

benvendetta
14th February 2012, 01:27 PM
Has anyone heard yet if their image has made the book? I keep getting asked and can only say I don't know!

Amanda

The book saga has gone very quiet - just like the competition did for a long while............
Any news Ian?

Ian
14th February 2012, 04:33 PM
The book saga has gone very quiet - just like the competition did for a long while............
Any news Ian?

The problem is that Olympus are rather busy at the moment! The book productions, which will be done in-house by Olympus designers, has not been forgotten - honest! But yes, I am sorry for this delay.

Ian

Zuiko
14th February 2012, 05:37 PM
The problem is that Olympus are rather busy at the moment! The book productions, which will be done in-house by Olympus designers, has not been forgotten - honest! But yes, I am sorry for this delay.

Ian

Rather busy? What could possibly be distracting them? :D

Ross the fiddler
14th February 2012, 10:15 PM
Rather busy? What could possibly be distracting them? :D

I wonder. ;) :D

jojonas
15th February 2012, 02:46 PM
thread found! a belated kudos to all the great shots shown so far, I'm looking forward for many more in the book, that I hope to be a part of.
being in any kind of print is just... :D hehe, english ain't my first language. smilies help ;)

Zuiko
15th February 2012, 07:47 PM
thread found! a belated kudos to all the great shots shown so far, I'm looking forward for many more in the book, that I hope to be a part of.
being in any kind of print is just... :D hehe, english ain't my first language. smilies help ;)

You was doing fine until you used the word "ain't" but your English is still far better than that of many English people! I look forward to seeing your picture in the book, hopefully along with one of mine......it will be just.....great! :D

jojonas
15th February 2012, 09:29 PM
haha, I feel like I've gotten a belated and warm welcome. thanks and cheers all around *chr

The Technician
10th April 2012, 03:23 PM
Did the book ever happen?

benvendetta
10th April 2012, 03:38 PM
I am sure it hasn't and this subject has crossed my mind of late. I am looking forward to hearing something due to me getting a joint runner up placing :D

The Technician
29th June 2012, 10:15 AM
Just another bump to see if anything happen with regards the book:D

metromadness
17th September 2014, 05:07 PM
I know this is a few years down the line and it has often crossed my mind as to whether this book ever did see the light of day,

Chevvyf1
17th September 2014, 05:24 PM
I know this is a few years down the line and it has often crossed my mind as to whether this book ever did see the light of day,

I did get a book from Olympus :) not sure where it is now, maybe in the storage container for the move :) maybe that is the book ? maybe not !

metromadness
17th September 2014, 06:53 PM
I received my prize and was featured in Olympus user Magazine but never heard anything else from anybody regarding the book.

benvendetta
17th September 2014, 08:56 PM
Given up on that now. Shame really as any competition should follow through to the prizes being given out. I know that the admins are busy people but members enter the competitions expecting them to run their course.