PDA

View Full Version : Impressed

andym
13th December 2011, 08:53 AM
I was out in the Westend last night and had 30 mins or so to wait for friends.Now I'm not thinking of getting one but went and had a quick play with a Sony A77.
I must say I was very impressed with the EVF and build,bright and sharp not unlike a large OVF.I think it would be great for macro photography.
Now if Oly come through their troubles and build a weather sealed body with that type of viewfinder that will take my lenses then I may be tempted.

Lets hope and start saving.

Bikie John
13th December 2011, 09:08 AM
I recently visited a pro photog friend who had one of the new compactish Nikons to play with - the V1 maybe? The internal EVF was stunning, just like the real thing, and this in the fairly dim light of his office.

I'm with Andy - give me that plus weathersealing plus compatibility with existing lenses plus general performance equivalent to current models, and I'll be a happy bunny.

Ciao ... John

Wee man
13th December 2011, 09:59 AM
Yes me to why is there not an Olympus with a built in EVF?

StephenL
13th December 2011, 11:43 AM
Yes me to why is there not an Olympus with a built in EVF?

I've been waiting for near on 2 years for this to happen. That's why I have a GH2! But it just doesn't quite have the build quality of an Oly DSLR.

jamie allan
13th December 2011, 12:02 PM
When I was looking to replace my stolen kit a couple of months ago I went looking at other manufacturers - including the Sony A33/A55. I didn't see and could not afford the A77 if I had. I liked the idea of the semi-transparent mirror(pellicle?) - less electro-mechanical issues to deal with. There were a few negative comments I did find repeated and they were battery life, time taken for the EVF to fire up and poor low light performance - apparently 30% of the light through the lens is diverted to the EVF sensor.
Build wise I though the plastic body was - well a bit plasticky. I also didn't understand the hot shoe - I assume you need special flash units.