PDA

View Full Version : Craft Stall - Getting Better

Zuiko
19th November 2011, 10:10 PM
Had another craft stall today, at least it was indoors so I didn't have all the hassle of putting up a gazebo. To be honest, I only went out of a sense of duty, having booked the pitch some time ago and not wishing to let the organizers down. I wasn't expecting great things based on my last few experiences.

Actually, it went reasonably well, not well enough to create a blueprint for getting rich quick but at least I didn't make a loss on the day! :rolleyes:

I sold three 12 inch mounted prints @ 15 each and 22 cards. I reduced the price of the cards from 1.25 to 1.00 and this did seem to make them more attractive. It meant a profit of 70p instead of 95p on each card. It resulted in a net profit of about 20, but more importantly the takings of 67 represented a welcome repayment of money invested in this venture some time ago - it's money in my pocket now!

I've got two more events in the next few weeks, but unless there are clear signs of an improvement I won't be booking any more at this stage.

gregles
19th November 2011, 10:25 PM
Thank goodness you got a result at last John*chr

Greg:)

Barr1e
19th November 2011, 10:53 PM
It's nice to make a profit - congratulations.

At least the coming season possibly helped John. *smileysanta

Regards. Barr1e

Nick Temple-Fry
19th November 2011, 11:55 PM
Good.

I suspect indoor 'craft' fairs, rather than fetes are more likely to attract people who want to spend.

I hope you do well at any more bookings you have.

Nick

sponner
20th November 2011, 12:19 AM
better news, :) I've been following your feedback with interest.

Greytop
20th November 2011, 01:11 AM
Good news John, I'm glad all your efforts are baring some fruit.

Ulfric M Douglas
20th November 2011, 05:28 PM
Don't you feel a new graph coming on?

Profit! (Sort of)

Zuiko
20th November 2011, 09:30 PM
Don't you feel a new graph coming on?

Profit! (Sort of)

He he, it could hardley be worse than the previous graph! *laugh

At least I've shifted a little bit of stock if nothing else. :D

Danny
21st November 2011, 08:27 AM
Good news, glad to hear its going well!

Chevvyf1
21st November 2011, 09:11 AM
John, a well deserved return ! I hope the next will also be positive *chr*chr*chr