PDA

View Full Version : Newbe

Orkney
18th November 2011, 07:33 PM
Hi Guys and Girls
I have been folowing this forum for quite a while and have found the many posts most helpful many thanks to all. As the owner of a E620 and FL36 flash I was wondering if anyone with similar kit would mind posting the settings they find best for this combination . I my opinion when using TTL auto on A mode I seem to be always a couple of stops under exposed and need to increase the flash unit output to compensate. any help or proven setting would be helpful
Regards

Graham_of_Rainham
18th November 2011, 07:56 PM
Hi Guys and Girls
I have been folowing this forum for quite a while and have found the many posts most helpful many thanks to all. As the owner of a E620 and FL36 flash I was wondering if anyone with similar kit would mind posting the settings they find best for this combination . I my opinion when using TTL auto on A mode I seem to be always a couple of stops under exposed and need to increase the flash unit output to compensate. any help or proven setting would be helpful
Regards

Hello. Welcome aboard.

Often the subject makes a lot of difference when it comes to using flash and there simply is no proven settings. One of the best ways to develop your technique is through experiments. Make sure the ISO on the Flash is set to the same value as the camera.

Have fun

*chr

crimbo
18th November 2011, 08:37 PM
I am not brave with flash so use this set-up on auto

tomphotofx
18th November 2011, 11:56 PM
Hi Orkney

Here is a link to a pdf file containing lots of different settings for the F36R and F50R. I'm sure you will find it useful.

http://www.mediafire.com/?sivzk9p0inpkrvj

Regards

Tom

Orkney
19th November 2011, 09:02 AM
Manythanks for the quick replies I will try and take onboard the suggestions and give them a try
Regards

wanderer
19th November 2011, 06:59 PM
Hi and welcome.
You lucky person living in Orkney.
I've many fond memories of wandering about there.
http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=978

As for flash, you note you use it on A setting. That's aperture priority. I usually switch to P program setting. I learnt the long and hard way and wondered why my brilliant equipment was not producing the goods. It was doing its best despite an idiot operating the camera. It also took me a while to figure out that if you want more (or less) oomph from the flash change the +/- on the flash bit on the rear screen rather than just stop compensate.