PDA

View Full Version : 45 f1.8 Help

ozzie
15th November 2011, 12:26 AM
Hi All
Have just got the 45mm lens for my EP3. Took some shots of the dog and indoor portrate looks great. This morning just after daybreak I tried the lens on some flowers in the garden and couldn't get sharp focus. I am using single point AF and was hoping to get a nice sharp centre with blurred background. Got the blurred background but not a very sharp centre focus. This is my first prime lens so I obviously need some guidence with it. Any help would be great.
Cheers
John

OlyPaul
15th November 2011, 07:54 AM
Are you sure you are not nearer to the subject than 0.5m (19inches) ?

This is the minimum focus distance of that lens, any nearer and it will not focus correctly.

DekHog
15th November 2011, 11:13 AM
Apart from what Paul said above, some people (including myself) are having issues with focussing on the 45mm at times - there's quite a lengthy thread (http://www.mu-43.com/f38/oly-45mm-focusing-issues-17158/) regarding this issue on mu-43, and also some threads on dpreview.

The problem seems a bit random and can't be pinned down to any particular camera body or situation. Maybe a firmware fix will be forthcoming as I'm sure Olympus are aware of the problem.

It seems the best fix at the moment is to turn the camera off/on again and that'll fix it, albeit temporarily....

StephenL
15th November 2011, 11:25 AM
can't say I have any problem on the GH2 or G3. It's a bit slow on the E-P2, but that's in low light - the only sort we have just now round here.

ozzie
15th November 2011, 08:08 PM
Are you sure you are not nearer to the subject than 0.5m (19inches) ?

This is the minimum focus distance of that lens, any nearer and it will not focus correctly.
Thanks Paul
That was my first thought I reshot the pics further back same result.
Cheers
John

ozzie
15th November 2011, 08:11 PM
Apart from what Paul said above, some people (including myself) are having issues with focussing on the 45mm at times - there's quite a lengthy thread (http://www.mu-43.com/f38/oly-45mm-focusing-issues-17158/) regarding this issue on mu-43, and also some threads on dpreview.

The problem seems a bit random and can't be pinned down to any particular camera body or situation. Maybe a firmware fix will be forthcoming as I'm sure Olympus are aware of the problem.

It seems the best fix at the moment is to turn the camera off/on again and that'll fix it, albeit temporarily....
Thanks Derek
Yes that is the same problem I am experiencing Thank you for the link was starting to think my ordinary camera skills were really BAD.
Cheers John