PDA

View Full Version : AF Adjust happenings.

David Morison
13th November 2011, 05:23 PM
Having the need to check AF Adjust on a lens I went into the menu only to discover that all my previous settings for a number of lenses plus extenders/ converters had disappeared. I haven't done any firmware updates or settings reset but I had just previously had a low battery warning (I am using a HLD4) so I wonder if this had caused the problem. No other custom settings have been lost.

I now have to go through the laborious process of checking all those lenses that I had previously adjusted for although, I can get some info from the EXIFs of images I have saved. The moral of this story is TO WRITE MY SETTINGS DOWN!!

Any comments?

David

Ross the fiddler
13th November 2011, 09:09 PM
Having the need to check AF Adjust on a lens I went into the menu only to discover that all my previous settings for a number of lenses plus extenders/ converters had disappeared. I haven't done any firmware updates or settings reset but I had just previously had a low battery warning (I am using a HLD4) so I wonder if this had caused the problem. No other custom settings have been lost.

I now have to go through the laborious process of checking all those lenses that I had previously adjusted for although, I can get some info from the EXIFs of images I have saved. The moral of this story is TO WRITE MY SETTINGS DOWN!!

Any comments?

David

Wouldn't it be nice if those settings could have been backed up to a card. OK, I'll wake up from my dream now & get back to reality. ;)