PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Somerset

Real Ramona
9th May 2008, 02:26 PM
Hi all
I have just discovered this place and it looks like a great place to hang out. I have previously spent too long at the DPreview forum, where I am Jay Jenner.
So, 50 something yrs old and have been taking pictures for 30 of those, so I should get the hang of it any day now.
I was a big Canon man for ages and had a T70 and a brilliant selection of FD glass. I never got the EOS thing though, I thought I have a load of really fast lenses - why would I want to buy into a system that meant I had to use slow old autofocus lenses?
Then I saw an E10 and thought thats the kid for me!
Used that for ages and loved the build quality, hated the slowness of the thing and the way it ran out of battery if you did anything. Like use it.

Sold that, bought an E300 - speed at last! With a 14-54 lens. Lovely. But with everyone talking about what a classic the E1 is I had to have one too. So now I have that as well and I cannot sing its praises highly enough.
Any excuse to pick it up really!
Got a couple more lenses and a FL36 and I am all set. Don't even want an E3.

So, living in Frome and working mostly as a website designer and also a lighting designer for various shows, Bath Festival, various dance and circus gigs. I have a few years yet where my youngest son is still cute and blond and good material for pictures.

Enough waffle already - back to work.
See ya.
J

steverh
9th May 2008, 02:46 PM
Hello J,

Welcome to the forum - I have also wasted much too much time on dpreview, it's much more civilised and constructive here. A great place for good advice and friendly banter.

I had a look at your stuff on Flickr, just my sort of photography! I love the picture of the dummy - very surreal. :cool: I see a lot of the pictures were taken just down the road from me!

Hopefully you'll put up some of your photos here soon.

From a fellow E-1 fan - what an amazing piece of work that was (and still is!)

Ellie
9th May 2008, 08:20 PM
http://www.chins-n-quills.com/forums/images/smilies/hello3.gif Welcome :)

BigD
19th June 2008, 07:14 PM
welcome from a fellow somersetarian :cool:

B.P.S Studios
1st July 2008, 11:21 AM
Hello and Welcome

ewan
1st July 2008, 04:32 PM
Wellcome J,
like your stuff on flickr.

regards Ewan.

Graham_of_Rainham