PDA

View Full Version : Naughty Nigel

Naughty Nigel
8th May 2008, 08:33 PM
Hello Olychums,
I have recently come over from ‘the other side' at the suggestion of a friend (E1-Fan).

I have been a keen member of 'another' photographic forum for the past three or four years, but one of the conditions of membership was singing ‘The Red Flag’ before starting work each morning, and I don’t sing well these days until after teatime and a Guinness or two.;)

Anyhow, I have had my E1 since July 2004, and still have (and regularly use) the OM4Ti that I bought around ten years ago.

I take most of my photographs in the course of my work inspecting paintwork and corrosion on yachts and ships. The E1 is ideal for my purposes as it produces superb quality images, and provides better depth of field (in limited light) than comparable APS or 35 mm cameras. I also use a Canon G9 as it has a voice memo facility, and provides almost infinite depth of field. However, for my purposes I would far rather that it had fewer pixels.

My personal interests include landscape and architectural photography (especially seascapes), classical music, good food and suchlike. As much as I love my E1 I still like to use my film cameras (especially medium format), and usually process my own films at home.

It is good to see some old friends here, so I am 82% confident I shall be staying around for a while.;);):D

Naughty Nigel.

shenstone
8th May 2008, 08:53 PM
Welcome aboard

We expect to see some fine "rustic" colours from you :rolleyes:

Regards
Andy

Naughty Nigel
8th May 2008, 08:58 PM
Only if they're blue!:D:D:D

sidy2001
8th May 2008, 09:12 PM
Welcome to the friendly forum.

Cheers Sid

knikki
9th May 2008, 09:33 AM
Hello and welcome

Steve Lane
9th May 2008, 10:04 AM
Hello and Welcome to a nice friendly forum!
It sounds like your gear is not dissimilar to my own; I also use a E-1 and OM4Ti...in fact I am feeling a bit nostalgic at the moment so I will probably taking my film gear out for a 'workout' this weekend.
Cheers, Steve.

E-P1 fan
9th May 2008, 10:45 AM
Great to see you here Nigel. This is a beautifully run forum. Whether you're in a 'posting a lot' phase or a quiet spell - it's a nice place to regularly visit.

The galleries can be very inspiring - demoralising too when you see how good some people are - but usually inspiring.

It's very nice to have another solid E-1 man along for the ride :)

BTW Is yours operating OK now after it's traumatic recent times?

Naughty Nigel
10th May 2008, 10:06 PM
Hi Ken,
Good to see you again.

I am looking forward to spending time here amongst the Oly fanboys!

Nigel.