PDA

View Full Version : replacement eye cup

Danny
29th October 2011, 09:52 AM
Can anyone tell me if Olympus make/supply replacement eye-cups for the E-5? This is a major flaw on this model as it was only a matter of time before mine went walkabout......this time for good.

Any info greatly appreciated!

Danny

Nick Temple-Fry
29th October 2011, 10:14 AM
I think we are stuck with this design for the E-3/5. There have been lots of threads about this over the years - and some suggestions about remedies.

From my personal experience the problem starts when the camera is removed/placed in tight fitting bags (front/back). So it has become second nature to check every time the camera is taken out of the bag (though the bag lining is a good place to search for lost cups).

Our friends Luton Camera Repairs (http://www.lutoncameras.co.uk/) list the replacement on the accessories page (EP-7)

Nick

Wreckdiver
29th October 2011, 12:25 PM
Or here on Amazon. I buy "in bulk" now, I'm fed up with loosing these eye cups? :(

Steve

Danny
29th October 2011, 02:09 PM
Cheers guys, got a few from Amazon.......my only gripe with the E-5!

Homer Simpson
29th October 2011, 05:09 PM
Using a tiny grub screw, from an old CD drive ( I never chuck anything away!) I tapped a thread into the plastic of mine (had to lift up the rubber from the plastic carrier) & its retained perfectly :D

This is on a E520 I hasten to add - E5 is well out of my league

wanderer
29th October 2011, 05:19 PM
At a certain age, the friction between stomach and eyecup almost guarantees it will come off. Usually in long grass or a roadside or path in poor light.
Its only a week since I got another 5!!! from Luton Cameras.
They arrive in 24 hours.