PDA

View Full Version : Yet Another E3 Review

ndl0071
6th May 2008, 06:27 PM
Just been thumbing through Mays edition (no 85) of Black & White photography Magazine where they have printed a short E3 review written by David Corfield a long time Olympus user and an owner of the E1.

The review really centres around the AF, indeed the 'testing' was done at a racetrack hence a nice pic of a fast moving car as the E3 was paired with the 35-100 f2.

To quote part of the summing up

'and while the E3 need experienced hands to get the most from it, the camera is the best 4/3 tool to dateand brings a much needed air of confidence to a format that had not been taken seriously as perhaps it now should'

The Verdict

'The camera that 4/3 users have been waiting for, and Olympus's best D-SLR by a country mile. Superb build quality, impressive performance and smaller size make it a compelling purchase for photographers on the move'

B&W do not mark out of 10 so you really have to make your own mind up, which personally I find refreshing.

Neil

theMusicMan
6th May 2008, 06:52 PM
Thanks for posting this Neil, I tend to agree. Although I loved the E-510 and really got on with it well, the E-3 is an exceptional camera once one has become acquainted with how to get the best out of it - but then again... isn't that the same with all gear!! (Synthesisers included :) )

shenstone
6th May 2008, 07:54 PM
Thanks for posting this Neil, I tend to agree. Although I loved the E-510 and really got on with it well, the E-3 is an exceptional camera once one has become acquainted with how to get the best out of it - but then again... isn't that the same with all gear!! (Synthesisers included :) )

Stop saying things like that John ... We can't all afford an E-3 ... I'm expected to wear out at least one of mine first ;)

Regards
Andy