PDA

View Full Version : Best camera ever? AP is looking for votes

Ian
10th October 2011, 11:03 PM
Here is the press release:

Press release:

Amateur Photographer are compiling a list of the top 100 cameras to find out what their readers think is the best camera ever made. However, picking just one camera is a hard task, so they are asking for up to three votes per person. They have also put together a list of more than 800 popular models for our poll, but you are free to choose any camera you wish.

Some cameras have changed the face of photography and revolutionised the market, while others have just performed better than anything else at the time. There are hundreds of models that could be considered worthy for this accolade. For example, the original box Brownie certainly had a huge impact on the world of amateur photography, as did the Canon EOS 300D, which was the first real budget DSLR, breaking under the 1,000 barrier. The Nikon F was a hit with professionals in the 1960s, while the Nikon D3 arguably changed the face of digital photography, being the company's first full-frame DSLR, and who could forget the Leica M3.

However, the choice is yours, so make sure you think carefully before you make your final decision. To vote, go to http://www.amateurphotographer.co.uk/top100 and enter your choices. The closing date for votes is Wednesday, 12 October 2011, and AP will publish the results in a supplement accompanying the 5 November issue.

Ends

zuiko-holic
11th October 2011, 12:10 AM
I selected the cameras I consider them to be the most important but I didn't submit them since I didn't like the idea of revealing personal information (they are even asking a postal code and phone number! c'mon....)

David M
11th October 2011, 12:28 AM
I selected the cameras I consider them to be the most important but I didn't submit them since I didn't like the idea of revealing personal information (they are even asking a postal code and phone number! c'mon....)

Just do what I do, make them up.

For example FU0 7AP for the post code and I make sure I include 666 in the phone number.

snaarman
11th October 2011, 07:15 AM
You seem to be able to vote without filling in the personal form.. I assume that works.

So (if they kept my votes) I went for the Nikon FE2, the Pentax Spotmatic and the Oly E1 :)

Benedict
11th October 2011, 09:31 AM

You don't have to give personal information if don't want to ----- a dot(full stop) in each box usually suffices.