PDA

View Full Version : Sandisk Extreme III counterfeits

Who's_E
4th May 2008, 06:41 PM
Folks,

I have just had to ask an eBay seller (Pan.cake7) for a refund on a Sandisk Extreme III 4GB that was counterfeit. (No reply yet, I will keep you posted).

Okay, possibly my mistake for buying the product from a flat foodstuff but there is some useful information relating to Sandisk counterfeits on eBay under this link:

http://reviews.ebay.co.uk/FAKE-SanDisk-Extreme-Compact-Flash-Cards-Exposed_W0QQugidZ10000000001456526

Nick

DTD
4th May 2008, 10:11 PM
I'd just avoid eBay individual sellers for cards you can get them from reputable internet shops for reasonable prices.

ianc
4th May 2008, 10:34 PM
There are a lot of fake cards about on eBay. It's the type of thing I'd only buy from a reputable dealer, either high street or on line.

Ian C.

Ellie
4th May 2008, 11:52 PM
Hope you get your money back

theMusicMan
5th May 2008, 02:50 AM
Sorry about this experience Nick, I hope you manage to get a refund. eBay is notorious for counterfeit Extreme CF cards, not much help to you now I appreciate, but I'd like everyone to heed that information.

Good luck getting your refund Nick.

Melaka
6th May 2008, 07:10 AM
It was an interesting experience. The packaging looked OK. The card showed card error on the camera but worked when formatted. Write speeds were desperately slow. A comparison with a genuine Sandisk showed no writing on the edge and on closer inspection showed the other differences that are clear on the web site. When inserted in a PCMCIA CF reader it showed as SMI not Sandisk. The PCMCIA reader is deperately slow so not much use for anything other than checking for dodgy disks!

Gin Monster
12th May 2008, 08:21 AM
Looking at the photos in that guide I managed to buy a counterfeit card... :mad:

daitan
12th May 2008, 04:34 PM
Can I recommend www.picstop.co.uk I recently bought a genuine 4GB extreme 3 cf 30MB/s card for 20.49 including p&p and am extremely pleased with it
dai

Jim
12th May 2008, 04:52 PM
Looking at the photos in that guide I managed to buy a counterfeit card... :mad:

Was that from eBay too?

At the prices from know supliers, I really can't see why anyone would use eBay for CF cards.

A good source of prices is available here (http://www.camerapricebuster.co.uk/cat2.html).