PDA

View Full Version : Shirley

shirley
3rd May 2008, 11:20 AM
Hello everybody,
I have been a member of four thirds user site for a while and decided that its impossible to get too much of a good thing, so here I am. I met some of you at Woburn last week and I recognise some names from the four thirds site so I am not sure I am technically a new comer.
Anyway I am looking forward to joining in the discussions and getting to know a few more people.
While I am here I wonder if I could ask your opinion on 12-60 v 14-54 lenses. I realise that 12-60 is more expensive and has a biiger range, however it is also more expensive. I tried the 12-60 at Woburn last week and really liked it, can anybody who has tried both let me know their opinion as to whether it is worth shelling out the extra or if the 14-54 is just as good with a smaller range?
Thanks
Shirley

steverh
3rd May 2008, 11:37 AM
Hello Shirley,

Nice to see you here! It's a pretty friendly sort of place, with loads of hints and good ideas flying about - not to mention some seriously good pictures.

Hope to see some of your efforts here soon - don't be shy! Post them in the "Foto Fair" forum and they should get some constructive comments. :)

Ellie
3rd May 2008, 11:55 AM
*wave Nice to see you here Shirley.

shirley
3rd May 2008, 12:05 PM
Thanks Steve and Ellie, good to be here. I will upload some pics soon.

Solar
6th May 2008, 12:09 AM
Thanks Steve and Ellie, good to be here. I will upload some pics soon.

Do up' some pics ... that's one of the funnest things about this site ... it's less cluttered than others ....

welcome here.

theMusicMan
6th May 2008, 05:23 AM
Hi, welcome to the site Shirley.

Barr1e
6th May 2008, 07:51 AM
Hi Shirley -

You are so known to me from http://www.fourthirds-user.com that I thought you were a member here also.

Welcome.

Regards. Barr1e

Ian
6th May 2008, 12:03 PM
Hello everybody,
I have been a member of four thirds user site for a while and decided that its impossible to get too much of a good thing, so here I am. I met some of you at Woburn last week and I recognise some names from the four thirds site so I am not sure I am technically a new comer.
Anyway I am looking forward to joining in the discussions and getting to know a few more people.
While I am here I wonder if I could ask your opinion on 12-60 v 14-54 lenses. I realise that 12-60 is more expensive and has a biiger range, however it is also more expensive. I tried the 12-60 at Woburn last week and really liked it, can anybody who has tried both let me know their opinion as to whether it is worth shelling out the extra or if the 14-54 is just as good with a smaller range?
Thanks
Shirley

Nice you see you on this corner of cybersapce, Shirley - and in person too the other week of course :D

Compared to FTU, this is more of a community site and it has a definite UK focus, but we are attracting quite a few people from other countries too :)

Ian

Zuiko
6th May 2008, 08:17 PM
Hi Shirley,

You'll find me on this site too, albeit under the rather unimaginative User Name of "Zuiko." I think this site and FTU complement each other so well that I strongly recommend membership of both.

Plenty of scope for displaying your pics here, but don't feel limited to Foto Fair - I know you have some that can stand examination in Going for Perfection.

Hope to see you in London on the 17th,

John