PDA

View Full Version : Photo Challenge # 43 October 2011 : Theme : DOORWAY

Wee man
3rd October 2011, 10:12 AM
Something hopefully for everyone to have a try at;

A picture of a DOORWAY (a means of entry or approach).

This can be inside or out, with or without any type of a door and if a door is included it can be open or closed or anywhere in between!__________________________________________ ______________________

Please send your entries to mi1fcb@aol.com until midnight Sunday 23rd October 2011

General rules:
-Max. 800 pixels in width or height
-Up to 512KB
-EXIF intact
-Taken by you on an E-series (4/3 or m4/3) camera between Monday 3rd October 2011 and Sunday 23rd October 2011.
-Include your name, your forum moniker and a title for the picture.

Full rules:

1. Photos should be taken (dated in EXIF) between Monday 3rd October 2011 and Sunday 23rd October 2011 inclusive and sent in during that period. Photos will be posted in the gallery on Tuesday 25th October 2011. We will vote in the week after this, voting will be completed by midnight Saturday 29th October 2011. I hope to announce the results on Monday 31st October 2011.

2. You must be the photographer who created the picture in order to enter the challenge, and all entries must be visibly anonymous and should be sent to the challenge organiser. You must indicate (a) your real name, (b) your e-group forum name and (c) a title for your photo, in the email. Any entries that are not clearly identifiable and verifiable won't be entered into the challenge.

3. Entries to the challenge :-

Should contain no watermarks, distinguishing effects and no borders
Must be jpg format and no more than 800 pixels on the longest edge
Must have been taken on an Olympus E-* camera
Must have all EXIF data included for the organiser to verify.
Max file size to suit the gallery here is 512kb.

4. You need to be registered on e-group.uk.net forums to qualify for entry into the challenge. The organiser may also enter the challenge (the entries are anonymous and the organiser is trusted to record votes accurately).

5. Only one entry permitted per challenge please. But if you want to withdraw an entry or replace it with another that's OK, you must make it clear in an email to the challenge organiser before the closing date, also ensure the email contains clear instructions and (if required) your replacement picture.

6. Voting on the challenge:-

Any registered member of the e-group forum may vote, including those who submit entries.
Those who submit entries may vote for their own photo but are expected to allot their choices fairly on perceived merit.
Voters should list their three choices in order of preference, by display number and title to avoid confusion.
Points will be allotted as follows: three to first choice, two to second choice, one to third choice.

Please email me with the image attached at mi1fcb@aol.com and please include the words Olympus Challenge in the title line.

Enjoy the challenge!

Wee man

Chevvyf1
3rd October 2011, 12:26 PM
Good theme Ed, *chr

so it could be a nice set/pair of ornate black wrought iron gates - as they have doors ? or not ?

Wee man
3rd October 2011, 12:56 PM
Yes the theme is doorway and the dictionary (I used) says

DOORWAY (a means of entry or approach).

so gates and gateways fall into that definition.

Chevvyf1
3rd October 2011, 01:01 PM
Thanks for that Ed ! I may have an entry this time around as I have somewhere in mind ... ! :)

LightingMan
5th October 2011, 08:16 AM
Think I have one for this too.

Thanks for setting the challenge.

Wee man
9th October 2011, 03:39 PM
JUst bringing this to the top folks.

Chevvyf1
9th October 2011, 04:08 PM
Ed thanks for the reminder ! I do need to schedule my shot day/date/time ! *chr

Wee man
9th October 2011, 06:41 PM
Planty of time you still have to the 23rd to get your shot to me.

Ausdrio
10th October 2011, 08:24 AM
It's a good place. We will share more photos in here.

Wee man
16th October 2011, 11:11 AM
One entry at present! Seven days to go.

wfk
16th October 2011, 11:20 AM
One entry at present! Seven days to go.

Thanks for the reminder :)

Chevvyf1
16th October 2011, 05:05 PM
Ouch ! Wish I had known this morning :( ... now have to get my thinking head on .. THANKS Ed for the reminder :) *chr

snaarman
17th October 2011, 05:51 PM
I've put one in just now...

Pete

Wee man
18th October 2011, 01:38 PM
Now we have two , if you enter now the worst you will be is third! ................. I'll get my coat.

hruissen
18th October 2011, 05:50 PM
Hi Ed,

Just a minute ago, I have sent in my entry for the challenge

Regards

Henk

Adam Easton
22nd October 2011, 02:00 PM
Entry posted, cheers*chr

Wee man
23rd October 2011, 01:33 PM
Last day; you only have to midnight!!!!

Susan
23rd October 2011, 07:48 PM
Entry just sent in :) skin of my teeth lol inspired :)