PDA

View Full Version : E5 Single target AF problems

David Morison
19th September 2011, 01:58 PM
A couple of times recently, when using the Single target AF mode, the focus is aquired and audible/visual confirmation given, but the resultant image is slightly oof all over. The subject appears to be in focus both in the viewfinder or LV. The first thought was that this was a problem with the IS, but when changing to Dynamic Single Target AF mode all is well, which rules this out. Also OK in All Target Mode, but I rarely use this as it doesn't suit the subjects I normally use the E5 for.

Any Ideas?

Thanks

David

yorky
19th September 2011, 05:42 PM
A couple of times recently, when using the Single target AF mode, the focus is aquired and audible/visual confirmation given, but the resultant image is slightly oof all over. The subject appears to be in focus both in the viewfinder or LV. The first thought was that this was a problem with the IS, but when changing to Dynamic Single Target AF mode all is well, which rules this out. Also OK in All Target Mode, but I rarely use this as it doesn't suit the subjects I normally use the E5 for.

Any Ideas?

Thanks

David
Is it correctly focused when you download the picture?

David Morison
20th September 2011, 08:46 AM
No, the images have the same appearance when downloaded. It looks a bit like camera shake (300mm + EC14) but only happens when using Single Target AF mode.

David

DerekW
20th September 2011, 09:24 AM
During the early days of the E3 there was concern that the visible focus point in the viewfinder did not line up with the actual focus sensor. Do you get the same problem when photographing a flat object perpendicular to the axis of the lens.

Also is the IS causing a blur? Probably mentioned earlier.

yorky
20th September 2011, 10:00 AM
I have noticed at trimes the picture does not seem quite sharp but when downloaded it is ok.