PDA

View Full Version : E-group studio sessions coming up!

Ian
16th September 2011, 02:37 PM
I'm pleased to reveal that we're planning two afternoon/evening studio events in London and the midlands for e-group members. Venues, dates and times are yet to be confirmed.

The events will be an opportunity to try out the new Pen lenses, including the 12mm f/2 and the 45mm f/1.8, in a studio photographing a model. Numbers will be limited because we are aiming to give each photographer at least 15 minutes of individual shooting time. So if, say, we have three hours of shooting time (I'm hoping it will be more) there will be time for 3x4 = 12 photographers for each of the two venues.

You will be welcome to bring your own Four Thirds E-System or Micro Four Pen Thirds gear to use, as well as use the latest Pen E-PL3, E-P3, and E-PM1 models, but if you use a Pen and an m.Zuiko lens you could submit your photos to be considered for a magazine ad promoting the latest Pens and m.Zuiko lenses.

We're looking to cover afternoons and early evenings to accommodate those who are working and those (lucky or otherwise!) who don't.

As soon as I can confirm dates, I'll be requesting anyone interested in attending to contact me and if the venues are over-subscribed there will be a secret ballot to distribute slots.

I can also reveal there will be two photo competitions announced shortly that will each have a 500 prize value in Olympus gear, one for Pen photographers and one for E-System photographers. More on that soon!

Ian

Chevvyf1
16th September 2011, 04:18 PM
Ian how exciting ! Will there be a male model ;) ... I expect it will be an attractive young female :rolleyes: as most of the Togs will be male :eek:
ps will the Togs have "film" in camera ? :)

Zuiko
16th September 2011, 04:48 PM
Ian how exciting ! Will there be a male model ;) ... I expect it will be an attractive young female :rolleyes: as most of the Togs will be male :eek:
ps will the Togs have "film" in camera ? :)

Hi Chevvy, first the good news, there will be a male model.

Now the bad news.............................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ......................... It's me! :eek: *ipop *crap

Don't worry, only joking! :D

Great news about these events. *chr

Nick Temple-Fry
16th September 2011, 05:08 PM
Hi Chevvy, first the good news, there will be a male model.

Now the bad news.............................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ......................... It's me! :eek: *ipop *crap

Don't worry, only joking! :D

Great news about these events. *chr

Excellent news John, and I'm glad your new career as a 'life model' is taking off:D

After all to test a new lens/camera combination you need a resolution test and a colour chart. What better than wrinkles, lines, mottled skin and sparse hair.

May I suggest you get your wife/daughter to give you a few bruises to add some darker tones?

All the best

Your friend

Nick

Chevvyf1
16th September 2011, 05:46 PM
Excellent news John, and I'm glad your new career as a 'life model' is taking off:D

After all to test a new lens/camera combination you need a resolution test and a colour chart. What better than wrinkles, lines, mottled skin and sparse hair.

Nick

OOoh! Nick thats a tad unkind olde chap :D Especially as John has a well toned physique as he is a golden brown Adonis, with a six pack *chr I am JUST SO SORRY I am unable to make these dates :eek:

Adam Easton
16th September 2011, 07:03 PM
Now that looks interesting!

Is this type of event suitable for someone with absolutely no Studio experience.

smartwombat
16th September 2011, 10:29 PM
heh, I'll be a hand model.
complete with reverse forearm artery dorsal flap and skin graft.
plenty of colour ...

Zuiko
16th September 2011, 11:14 PM

May I suggest you get your wife/daughter to give you a few bruises to add some darker tones?

All the best

Your friend

Nick

Ah Nick, you know me well. ;)

Apparently you know my wife and daughter well, too! :eek:

Zuiko
16th September 2011, 11:14 PM
Now that looks interesting!

Is this type of event suitable for someone with absolutely no Studio experience.

I certainly hope so! :D

Nick Temple-Fry
16th September 2011, 11:16 PM
heh, I'll be a hand model.
complete with reverse forearm artery dorsal flap and skin graft.
plenty of colour ...

Sounds great, bodies get more interesting as they grow older, as do people (myself of course excepted).

But of course Ian is to be thanked for these events which is a good opportunity for group members to try out these latest lenses.

Nick

Zuiko
16th September 2011, 11:17 PM
OOoh! Nick thats a tad unkind olde chap :D Especially as John has a well toned physique as he is a golden brown Adonis, with a six pack *chr I am JUST SO SORRY I am unable to make these dates :eek:

Ohhh, I wish. :rolleyes:

And so does my wife :(

Unable to make the dates? They haven't been anounced yet, Chevvy. :D

ozzie
19th September 2011, 09:00 AM
Wow you guys are lucky getting this experience. If only I could get some cheap flights!!!!

Graham_of_Rainham
25th October 2011, 12:14 PM
As soon as I can confirm dates, I'll be requesting anyone interested in attending to contact me and if the venues are over-subscribed there will be a secret ballot to distribute slots.
Ian

Any more news on this *???

Thanks

Ian
31st October 2011, 04:37 PM
We are just about to book studio sessions for London and Birmingham. The plan is to book a late afternoon to early evening time slot so that people who don't have work hours can participate earlier and the later time can be after work.

We will also be looking at a Friday date as there shouldn't be any day after constraints work-wise.

The sessions will be free and the latest Pen gear will be available to try out. I believe we will use FL-50Rs for the lighting with stands and brollies, using the remote control capabilities of the Pens.

By all means bring your own Pens and or E-System DSLRs if you like.

I want to get the venues booked this week, so if anyone has any questions or suggestions, please let me know asap :)

Ian

Andy M
31st October 2011, 04:48 PM
Sounds very interesting!

If it's suitable for complete studio beginners I'd be interested in attending the London one (would have to check dates to see if I can work out of our London office though as I live up near Chester).

I'll keep an eye on the details.

Graham_of_Rainham
31st October 2011, 05:49 PM
It will be interesting to try out the 45mm in the way I'd most use it.

Very much looking forward to this.

*chr

pepper
31st October 2011, 07:36 PM
I'm an E3 user, I'd be quite interested in the Birmingham course, but it does depend on my work schedule as I tend to be all over Europe these days!

Homer Simpson
31st October 2011, 07:39 PM
How do we get on the list, Ian?

I'd like to be considered for the Brum session

pepper
31st October 2011, 07:42 PM
How do we get on the list, Ian?

I'd like to be considered for the Brum session

Be good to catch up with you again!

Homer Simpson
31st October 2011, 07:52 PM
Be good to catch up with you again!

Hi Richard *wave - where have you been hiding ?

The Saint
1st November 2011, 03:27 PM
Would be interested in attending the London session, work permitting.

Simon

Chevvyf1
1st November 2011, 04:27 PM
Just wishing all participants lots of fun and great shots from this studio session !

What a nice chap Ian is ! and organising sessions for after work too ! *chr

Adam Easton
1st November 2011, 04:50 PM
I am very interested in this event. I hope to put my name down for a place as soon as the list is announced.

jchallen
4th November 2011, 12:06 AM
Sounds like a good event, I would also be interested.

Regards,

Adam Easton
27th November 2011, 04:27 PM
Has there been any progress with dates for this event?

jima
3rd December 2011, 01:29 AM
+1.0000000000

James

Adam Easton
9th May 2012, 06:28 PM
Has this idea been scrapped?

gregles
9th May 2012, 07:56 PM
If it is going ahead is there any chance of something more local for members in the "North" please?*yes*yes

Greg:)

Mrs T
9th May 2012, 08:09 PM
Sounds interesting and depending on times/dates I'd like to see if it was possible to attend.

The competition also sounds interesting. I appreciate Olympus have been rather busy of late, but it would be nice to have the final results of the book before starting another competition! ;)

Janet
9th May 2012, 08:32 PM
I appreciate Olympus have been rather busy of late, but it would be nice to have the final results of the book before starting another competition!

I suspect that has been well and truly forgotten....!

Still, they're busy selling their new cameras....obviously not time to think about the users who have supported them over the years...

Janet

Ian
10th May 2012, 08:43 AM
I suspect that has been well and truly forgotten....!

Still, they're busy selling their new cameras....obviously not time to think about the users who have supported them over the years...

Janet

Come on Janet, I'm sorry that things are taking longer than promised but they are promises. If anyone is to blame it's me - not Olympus.

Ian

Ian
10th May 2012, 08:47 AM
The studio sessions can't be planned until enough cameras are available. I'm hoping that confirmation can be made soon. The proposal is for one event in Birmingham and one in London. There are other events that will be supported by Olympus that are organised by third parties apart from us, like the one in Brighton being run by What Digital Camera, see:

http://e-group.uk.net/forum/showthread.php?t=20372

Ian