PDA

View Full Version : Dirt/dust/fiber particle?

Tordan58
13th September 2011, 10:50 AM
Hi

What I believe is a dirt/dust/fiber particle has somehow managed to sneak into the body of my E620. It appears in the viewfinder only as a quite large clearly noticeable dark and blurred speckle. It is not located on the sensor though. Before doing anything dumb I would like to ask if anyone here knows what would be the standard procedure to remove it without putting the delicate camera mechanics at risk.

/Tord

andym
13th September 2011, 11:12 AM
Hi

Well if it's OOF your'e lucky as it's on the outside of the focus screen.I would suggest a very careful blow with a blower brush.

Others may have other ideas.

Wally
13th September 2011, 12:29 PM
If it's like the e3, best to leave it alone especially if it doesn't interfere with the finished item = the piccie. Had a similar problem which was sent off to be cleaned and a new screen fitted. It came back with a bill for almost 70 with a note saying it would require a strip down at (you've guessed it) another wad of dosh. Some people have removed the focus screen without problems but and I emphasise the but as essentially it is not a DIY project.

Roberta
15th September 2011, 11:37 PM
are you sure its not just on the outside of the eyepiece...........from inside the camera bag
Roberta