PDA

View Full Version : Epson 1400 problem

Daveart
4th September 2011, 03:10 PM
Hi all I have a Epson sp1400 which has decided to print lines across my prints, I have tried the head alignment but this does not get rid of the lines, the colours print pretty much as they are on my screen.

Has anybody else had this problem or know of a possible solution.
Could it be the heads are knackered! its just 2 years old.

Dave

David Morison
4th September 2011, 04:17 PM
It sounds as if the heads need a clean, this is a problem often encountered with Epson. The printer does carry out automatic cleaning but I found that this was never enough, especially in hot weather. Are you using Epson inks?

David

Daveart
4th September 2011, 05:41 PM
Hi David thanks for your reply, no I dont use Epson inks as they are to expensive I use a continual ink system, which was supplied with the printer it does give excellent colour reproduction, but it started producing these horizontal lines I have tried doing a head clean also and the patterns come out complete with no missing bits.

Dave

jtaylor1477
20th November 2011, 05:25 PM
Hi all I have a Epson sp1400 which has decided to print lines across my prints, I have tried the head alignment but this does not get rid of the lines, the colours print pretty much as they are on my screen.

Has anybody else had this problem or know of a possible solution.
Could it be the heads are knackered! its just 2 years old.

Dave

have you tried cleaning the heads.. here are some of the procedure on how to do it..

go to control panel
printer and other hardware
printers
get to printer properties
under maintenance tab, click clean printer heads

Wally
21st November 2011, 10:22 AM
WOW! Three people with printer problems. Have just experienced the same banding problem. My Epson RX520, not new by any stretch of the imagination suddenly started banding on the black cartridge. Been working a treat up until two days ago. Must be something in the air or it's a conspiracy by the printer cartels?

Wally
21st November 2011, 08:08 PM
Found this which might be of use. I too have the banding problem which I'm hoping can be cured with the advertised product - jammed nozzles on a print-head = banding as certain nozzles do not print. As stated you can use a lot of ink and not solve the problem. In my particular case, two cartridges wasted over two days and others run down and all for nought. http://www.printheadhospital.co.uk/ They have a video which is quite informative. Hope this is not too late to be of use?