PDA

View Full Version : Suitable filter for 14-42 lens

DanH56
8th August 2011, 10:30 AM
Having been seduced by the original E-P1 I am now getting an E-PL1. I am wondering about a suitable UV/Protective filter for the 14-42 lens (40.5mm version) and would appreciate any suggestions.

Who's_E
8th August 2011, 05:45 PM
Try and get one with a narrow rim. Mine causes quite a lot of shadow in the corners of the frame at 14mm.

Otherwise, it's the usual suspects and arguments for and against protective filters.

Nick

DanH56
9th August 2011, 06:14 AM
Noted. I see a lot of the filters from the usual providers look quite deep, so I'll have to be a little careful.

Ross the fiddler
9th August 2011, 06:20 AM
Try and get one with a narrow rim. Mine causes quite a lot of shadow in the corners of the frame at 14mm.

Otherwise, it's the usual suspects and arguments for and against protective filters.

Nick

Another possibility is to add a step up ring to a larger size & get a generic lens cap off ebay to go with it plus the relevant sized filter which won't then matter if it is deep. Otherwise I believe Marumi makes thin rimmed filters.

DanH56
9th August 2011, 01:27 PM
For neatness' sake I think I'll try the thin filter route. Looks like it's Marumi then.