PDA

View Full Version : Castle Rigg Keswick

knikki
21st April 2008, 06:20 PM
Well we was up in the Lakes last weekend and it was rainy in the valleys but snowed up on high.

This is from Castle Rigg Stone circle and so far the only one I have managed to getrid of some pesky blue rope. Mixture of a use of the healing tools + clone stamp. Image adjustments little levels then use of Highlight/Shadow tool to try and boost the sky a little.

E3 with warm up and I think 0.6ND grad but not 100% sure.

Jim
21st April 2008, 06:34 PM
Nice shot, I think I would have liked the rock to be more to the left. perhaps so that the rock made up the entire left edge of the shot.

Steve Roughley
21st April 2008, 07:54 PM
Well we was up in the Lakes last weekend and it was rainy in the valleys but snowed up on high.

This is from Castle Rigg Stone circle and so far the only one I have managed to getrid of some pesky blue rope. Mixture of a use of the healing tools + clone stamp. Image adjustments little levels then use of Highlight/Shadow tool to try and boost the sky a little.

E3 with warm up and I think 0.6ND grad but not 100% sure.

If the rope you refer to is on metal poles around the stones I think its the same one that was there sometime ago when I was there.
There were quite a few camera groups there at the same time and one of the members pulled out the metal rods so we could all get some photos.

I in no way condone his actions.

Steve

http://www.steveroughleyphotography.com/test1.jpg

Steve Roughley
21st April 2008, 07:58 PM
Oops this is in Looking for perfection.
Hmm well I would like to have seen the view taken from slightly more to the right and a higher saturation level.
Nice photo though. Was it busy there when you went ?.

Steve

Barr1e
21st April 2008, 08:26 PM
knikki -

A good shot.

I agree a little regarding the stone.

Regards. Barr1e

Barr1e
21st April 2008, 08:28 PM
If the rope you refer to is on metal poles around the stones I think its the same one that was there sometime ago when I was there.
There were quite a few camera groups there at the same time and one of the members pulled out the metal rods so we could all get some photos.

I in no way condone his actions.

Steve

http://www.steveroughleyphotography.com/test1.jpg

This is a wonderful image - congratulations.

Regards. Barr1e

knikki
22nd April 2008, 07:58 AM
Oops this is in Looking for perfection.
Hmm well I would like to have seen the view taken from slightly more to the right and a higher saturation level.
Nice photo though. Was it busy there when you went ?.
Steve

Yep it was fairly busy which is why I went in close on the stones.

And that early morning shot is very very good

Thanks for the input, the reason the stone is where is is is because I was trying to get it look like part of the mountain behind it, as the rocks came from them and the people probable worshiped the rocks, nature and all around.

Well food for thought :)

Did not think about pulling the poles and rope up :D

Steve Lane
22nd April 2008, 02:16 PM
Knikki, Steve, these are both remarkable images. I have been here several times but never managed a result as atmospheric as these two!
Cheers, Steve.

alert_bri
6th May 2008, 08:04 PM
Steve, that's a beautiful shot... did you use a grad, or multiple exposure blend?

Kind Regards

Brian

Steve Roughley
6th May 2008, 11:46 PM
Steve, that's a beautiful shot... did you use a grad, or multiple exposure blend?

Kind Regards

Brian

Seem to remember I used a Nd grad here as I forgot my adapter ring and found out that a cokin filter holder can be made to fit on the end of a zd11-22 without a ring.

Steve