PDA

View Full Version : HELP! E620 Menu

abacus180
27th July 2011, 06:25 PM
Can anyone please shed light on why when I press the menu button, I get the various camera settings lists as per setting and not the main menu itself? I'm beyond myself
Thanks

rsh1960
27th July 2011, 06:31 PM
Is this of any help to you?

http://biofos.com/esystem/e620_set.html

abacus180
27th July 2011, 06:36 PM
Is this of any help to you?

http://biofos.com/esystem/e620_set.html
Thanks but I can't display the menu at all.

abacus180
27th July 2011, 07:18 PM
If I then press the menu button again I see a different list of data.
3 lists of data
On the top left it says
A, TTL, +/- 0.0, flash sign/FP, then flash sign
B, OFF, -- (?)some symbol, then LO

C OFF, -- , CH, then 1

Then when I press the menu button again, it displays a black screen.
Press again and it goes through the 3 sequences again, and again.
Does anyone have any idea what the hell is going on??????

DekHog
27th July 2011, 07:27 PM
It looks like it's showing the menu for wireless flash control - go into the main menu and change the flash setting so it isn't acting as a master unit for controlling wireless and see if it helps. Haven't had a 620 for quite a while, but the E-PL2 menu system is almost identical....

abacus180
27th July 2011, 07:43 PM
It looks like it's showing the menu for wireless flash control - go into the main menu and change the flash setting so it isn't acting as a master unit for controlling wireless and see if it helps. Haven't had a 620 for quite a while, but the E-PL2 menu system is almost identical....

Thanks Derek. Have you any idea how I can get into the main menu to do that?
Graham

DekHog
27th July 2011, 08:14 PM
Ah, just read your post again - this is happening when you try the menu button? No flash attached or pop up flash up?

Very strange..... it might be a case of battery out overnight to see if it 'clears' itself unless anyone else can come up with an idea..... reseat lens; pop up flash if down; try combinations of two buttons, but failing all that, I'd say battery out and hope.....

EDIT: Just tried my own camera in RC mode with pop up flash up, and get the flash control menu you're getting when pressing the 'OK' button, not the Menu button.

abacus180
27th July 2011, 08:45 PM
Ah, just read your post again - this is happening when you try the menu button? No flash attached or pop up flash up?

Very strange..... it might be a case of battery out overnight to see if it 'clears' itself unless anyone else can come up with an idea..... reseat lens; pop up flash if down; try combinations of two buttons, but failing all that, I'd say battery out and hope.....

EDIT: Just tried my own camera in RC mode with pop up flash up, and get the flash control menu you're getting when pressing the 'OK' button, not the Menu button.
Thanks again. I'll put it to bed now.
Graham

DekHog
28th July 2011, 08:20 PM
Any luck with getting this fixed?

abacus180
29th July 2011, 07:15 AM
Any luck with getting this fixed?
Hi Derek,
Got onto Olympus Techs, it's goosed apparently. So it's now off to get repaired.
Thanks
Graham