PDA

View Full Version : Gallery Problems

Yorkie
19th April 2008, 05:27 PM
Hi All,

Dont know if I am the only one but I am currently unable to upload new pics to the gallery.
Got so frustraited I did a comparrison with 5 pic's. Uploaded to Flikr and the forum site; Flikr completed in ten minutes and this site did not complete.
Any Ideas??

Thanks,

Adrian

emirpprime
19th April 2008, 08:50 PM
Is the page failing? Or is the upload failing? If the latter, are the photos within the (fairly strict) limits for size and dimensions? That may be the problem.
All the best,
Phil

Zuiko
20th April 2008, 01:10 AM
Is the page failing? Or is the upload failing? If the latter, are the photos within the (fairly strict) limits for size and dimensions? That may be the problem.
All the best,
Phil

I had a couple of failures tonight, until I realised I was just exceeding the maximum file size. The answer is not to resize, but save again at a slightly lower quality (higher jpeg compression).;)

Incidentally, if you exceed the file size there is no warning message - your picture just disappears with no explaination!:eek:

Hope this helps,

John :)

Yorkie
20th April 2008, 10:22 AM
Yep, thats my problem! Reduced the res to 800 pix and up it goes.

Maybe Ian could add a message to this to remind us when we get it wrong?

Thanks,

Ian
20th April 2008, 10:46 AM
Yep, thats my problem! Reduced the res to 800 pix and up it goes.

Maybe Ian could add a message to this to remind us when we get it wrong?

Thanks,

OK, will look at this - though we do work in the restrictions Photopost (the gallery software we use) places on us.

Ian