PDA

View Full Version : Some advice please on travel insurance

quickben
20th July 2011, 04:58 PM
Now that I have gone from E510 to E5 and added in the 12-60 and 50-200 lenses ahead of a 3 week trip to South Africa, it occurs to me that perhaps I should look at getting some specific insurance rather than just relying on the general coverage - especially as partner has her E-PL1 to play with as well.

So what is a sensible camera insurance package and who are regarded as the better providers?

Thanks in advance for your help

Greytop
20th July 2011, 05:16 PM
I've used Aaduki (http://www.aaduki.com/) for about three years, they seem pretty switched on and T & Cs are reasonable (some camera insurers are a joke).
Most of all pricing last time I checked wasn't too bad IMHO.

quickben
21st July 2011, 05:42 AM
Thanks Huw. I will check it out.

Bikie John
25th July 2011, 09:18 AM
Does anybody have experience of making claims through Aaduki? It is one thing for a company to offer an attractive deal when the money is flowing from customer to insurer but the proof of the pudding is when you want it to flow the other way round!

Ciao ... John

Greytop
25th July 2011, 09:39 AM
Does anybody have experience of making claims through Aaduki? It is one thing for a company to offer an attractive deal when the money is flowing from customer to insurer but the proof of the pudding is when you want it to flow the other way round!

Ciao ... John

Good point John, I've never had to make a claim so I would hope they would stand by their T & Cs.
I can say that they were also strongly recommended on the Pentax User forum that I use to frequent and these users included some semi pro / pro if I remember rightly.

DJMC
27th July 2011, 02:37 PM
Now that I have gone from E510 to E5 and added in the 12-60 and 50-200 lenses ahead of a 3 week trip to South Africa, it occurs to me that perhaps I should look at getting some specific insurance rather than just relying on the general coverage - especially as partner has her E-PL1 to play with as well.

So what is a sensible camera insurance package and who are regarded as the better providers?

Thanks in advance for your help

Have you thought about extending your home insurance cover to provide cover for 'personal effects' whilst away from the home? You need to check cameras are covered under this section, and that cover is sufficient.
May be cheaper upgrading an existing home policy than specifying your equipment on separate travel insurance cover?