PDA

View Full Version : Flash cord 7dayshop.com

paullus
19th July 2011, 06:42 PM
I've just found an absolute bargain if it arrives and works as it should from 7dayshop.com
I was looking for an FL-CB05 clone cable and found this;

http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=111928&PHPSESSID=chgfqtpvtlfo4493em5ht7f573

for 9.99 with free delivery.:):):)

I'll let you know how it turns out.

Steve.

Graham_of_Rainham
19th July 2011, 07:09 PM
John (jdal) will be interested in how you get on with this...

http://e-group.uk.net/forum/showthread.php?t=15981

creigb
20th July 2011, 08:05 AM
I see they also have a 7dayshop Wireless Flash Trigger Set (Transmitter & Receiver) for 17.99 but only for Canon/ Nikon! Has anyone tried them on an Olympus?

paullus
23rd July 2011, 11:26 AM
The remote hotshoe arrived yesterday and my first impression is very positive. The whole thing appears very well made and it works perfectly with my Metz 58 AF2. The sensor that attaches to the camera hotshoe has a neat slide lock feature which I really like, as opposed to a knurled wheel found on most flash units. Everything fits together without any force being required. The cord is quite chunky and tightly coiled. I think it's about 1.3m long fully stretched but I haven't measured it. It more than adequately stretches enough for use on a Manfrotto 233b bracket fully extended.
One thing that may bother some people is the "7DAYSHOP.COM" logo in white on the camera hotshoe unit. Personally I don't mind it. At this time I wouldn't hesitate in recommending this cable.

With regard to the wireless flash trigger, 7dayshop.com don't appear to do one for the Oly. I bought a Pixel RW-221 from Ebay and it is absolutely brilliant. Huge range and line of sight is not essential. I can fire the flash in the garden from inside the conservatory with the trigger behind my back. A distance of about 25 metres.
The one I got was actually used with a Nikon cable. I bought an Oly cable from Amazon and still paid less than the new price and ended up with a device I can use on my E5 and my wife's camera.
My only concern is that you could easily place your very expensive set up in the region of 90 metres away and some opportunist could run off with it. Explain that one to the insurance company:o
Cheers,
Steve.

Wee man
29th July 2011, 09:58 AM
I also bought a cord from 7dayshop and as above it works well cord is chuncky but it functions well.

jdal
29th July 2011, 05:07 PM
John (jdal) will be interested in how you get on with this...

http://e-group.uk.net/forum/showthread.php?t=15981

Indeed I would have been had I seen it before I got a working copy of the one I bought. On the up side mine extends to 2 metres , but on the down side was over twice the price of the 7-DayShop one.:(

paullus
12th August 2011, 09:04 AM
With regard to the wireless flash trigger, 7dayshop.com don't appear to do one for the Oly. I bought a Pixel RW-221 from Ebay and it is absolutely brilliant.

Thanks to Creigb who queried the above. The Pixel RW-221 is not a wireless flash trigger, it's a wireless shutter release.
Sorry for any confusion.
Cheers,

Steve:o