PDA

View Full Version : Kodak FD-300 v.2.0 drivers available here

francois
14th July 2011, 05:00 PM
It is now impossible to get any drivers/software from the Kodak website for this scanner, and their tech support replied they couldn't supply me with a copy of the last known version. Very helpful Kodak!

However, a friend of mine had a copy of version 2 of the drivers. This is a must because version 1.1 that was on the original CD that came with the scanner only works in Windows 95. Version 2.0 is the one you want to run the scanner under Windows 98 or 98SE. Not compatible with 2000, NT nor XP, don't know about Millenium but probably not.

I'm putting a copy of version 2.0 here (http://www.chezrossi.net/soft/fd300v2.exe) in case somebody needs to find this software at some point in the future (click on the word "here" to download the file fd300v2.exe).

As for Kodak Picture Easy 3, you're better off using Picassa if you need a free application to manage the scans.

kilko
6th April 2012, 05:22 PM
Hi,
I found this device and thought IŽd scan my apc and get all images into my computer..
I have tried installing on winxp but that does not work.

I have the CD and installed on a old laptop, installed on win98, and also tried windows me, but I cannot get the system to talk to the kodak device.

Maybe the drivers you have might work better ?

Really, really appreciate if you could take contact and help me.

Thank you again,
Stig Henning

kilko
8th April 2012, 06:53 PM
Update;
I installed the software on a ordinary computer (not laptop) and it works now!
I used windows ME.

I'm Happy... although would be nice to scan the whole film in-one-go..
the software only lets me scan 1 foto at the time... and that takes time ;)

...but it works, so I am happy ;)

francois
3rd December 2012, 01:14 PM
Change of URL. The file is now on DropBox at the following URL:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/08wcnd9cximrpki/FD300v2updt.exe

The file is 5.5 Mb.

Attention !!!

It is only the version 2 update which guarantees proper functioning of the scanner with Windows 98 Second Edition. You still need to install the FD300 software from the original install CD with either version 1.0 or v1.1 before applying this update (the original CD is about 350 Mb).

awayfromhisdesk
12th September 2014, 12:54 PM
can you repost these drivers please