PDA

View Full Version : Too many New Posts ...

Ulfric M Douglas
13th July 2011, 08:16 AM
Is there a way to stop the hordes of feedback post from showing up on 'New Posts'?

Mod feel free to delete this thread after some respone, thanks.

Benedict
13th July 2011, 09:04 AM
I agree. Can't these just be put somewhere,so that if you look at it should you ever have cause to deal with a particular member,given that they have actually sold something on here.*yes

Also I just wish I could stop all the annoying emails(xxxx has just replied to .... ) I get just because I have replied to a comment or question here on the forum.:mad:

Greytop
13th July 2011, 09:32 AM
I suspect after the initial rush the frequency of these feedback posts will settle down.

Phil, you can elect to not receive email notifications by changing the setting in your User Control panel. Hope that helps.

Olybirder
13th July 2011, 09:34 AM
Phil, you can elect to not receive email notifications by changing the setting in you User Control panel. Hope that helps.
I was about to suggest that but you beat me to it. Do you know if there a way to make it stick as a default setting, rather than having to select if for each post?

Ron

Greytop
13th July 2011, 09:48 AM
I was about to suggest that but you beat me to it. Do you know if there a way to make it stick as a default setting, rather than having to select if for each post?

Ron

In the User control panel go to:-

Settings and options

Edit options

Default Thread Subscription Mode
When you post a new thread, or reply to a topic, you can choose to automatically add that thread to your list of subscribed threads, with the option to receive email notification of new replies to that thread.
Default Thread Subscription Mode:

Select either 'Do not subscribe' or 'No email notification'

Olybirder
13th July 2011, 10:00 AM
Thanks Huw, that is most helpful. I had actually checked there but managed to overlook it somehow.

Ron

CallaWolf
13th July 2011, 12:47 PM
Thanks Huw - appreciated
(apologies to those who were swamped)

Gwyver
13th July 2011, 04:45 PM
I suspect after the initial rush the frequency of these feedback posts will settle down.

I hope you are correct.
Phil, you can elect to not receive email notifications by changing the setting in your User Control panel. Hope that helps.

But this doesn't resolve the original comment - i.e. even if you don't use email notifications, when you log in to the site and click on "New Posts" the resulting list is filled with the seller feedback posts which obscure the more relevant E-System posts.

Ulfric M Douglas
13th July 2011, 05:08 PM
Gwyver thanks for bringing this back on-topic.

CallaWolf
13th July 2011, 05:20 PM
Well, I've just clicked on "New Posts" and didn't get one feedback post in the list.

I believe Huw's correct - the initial flood of feedback posts will settle (is already settling) to a trickle. If we're wrong, we'll have to look at this again - but in a week there are, perhaps a half dozen or so transactions.

theMusicMan
13th July 2011, 05:41 PM
Alternatively... add this to your bookmarks:

http://e-group.uk.net/forum/search.php?do=getnew&exclude=51

Which, when clicked on, will show you all new posts since your last visit, except those from the Small ads seller and buyer feedback area.

:)

Ulfric M Douglas
14th July 2011, 10:22 AM
Awesome John, that's worth bookmarking.