PDA

View Full Version : Focus query

RogerMac
17th April 2008, 10:08 AM
I have an apparent problem with my 510.

When I autofocus all three of the red focus lights light up as if they had achieved focus, this happens even if only one point is selected. At the same time good focus appears to be achieved with both the kit lens and also my 50mm f2. However when I test it with the 70-300 good focus appears achieved down to something over 1m but it fails to lock onto any focus below that, (manual focus has no problem below 1m).

My question is - is the problem with the lens, the body or both?

Anybody have any ideas? Presumably one or both will have to go back to Oly for repair.

Roger

Ian
17th April 2008, 12:10 PM
I have an apparent problem with my 510.

When I autofocus all three of the red focus lights light up as if they had achieved focus, this happens even if only one point is selected. At the same time good focus appears to be achieved with both the kit lens and also my 50mm f2. However when I test it with the 70-300 good focus appears achieved down to something over 1m but it fails to lock onto any focus below that, (manual focus has no problem below 1m).

My question is - is the problem with the lens, the body or both?

Anybody have any ideas? Presumably one or both will have to go back to Oly for repair.

Roger

Sounds weird. Do you have the latest firmware installed?

Ian

RogerMac
17th April 2008, 12:15 PM
Sounds weird. Do you have the latest firmware installed?

Ian

I think so - body version 1.3 lens (70-300) 1.1