PDA

View Full Version : om lenses?

jacqui
1st July 2011, 10:26 AM
Hi, I may have the chance of a cheap e 420 and was just browsing lenses, I have noticed quite a few OM lenses, I understand these are older lenses but would they work on an e420? I don't know much about all this, would I need an adaptor or something and would it be auto focus or manual? thanks in advance, jacqui.

StephenL
1st July 2011, 11:04 AM
Yes, they will work fine on your E-420, and yes, you will need an adaptor, and they will be manual focus only, as OM lenses don't contain a focus motor. The 50mm and 28mm lenses in particular are good value and will give good results. Don't forget the 2x field of view, so for instance a 28mm lens will give a field of view equivalent to that of a 56mm lens on a regular 35mm body.

Graham_of_Rainham
1st July 2011, 02:20 PM
Most people, me included, consider the 24mm f2.8 to be the best OM lens to use on the E-Series body, as it "feels" much like the old 50mm on the OM body.

Then there are the fast telephotos like the 350mm that are brilliant, but cost lots...:o

StephenL
1st July 2011, 02:32 PM
I'm still looking for one of these (at a decent price!). :D

Most people, me included, consider the 24mm f2.8 to be the best OM lens to use on the E-Series body, as it "feels" much like the old 50mm on the OM body.